f i f t e e n

The next morning, Marina was the first to wake, morning light shining through the window. Marina glanced to a still-sleeping Hunter, smiling slightly. She brushed the hair out of his face, pressing a kiss to his nose.

Marina giggled as Hunter's nose scrunched up, the boy opening his eyes to see the giggling Marina. "I could get used to seeing you every time I wake up in the morning." Hunter grinned to the girl, but Marina was only thinking about Hunter's morning voice. Sure, she'd heard it before, but in her mind, it only got better every time.

Marina then moved to stand, but Hunter lunged forwards, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into his chest. "Stay." He murmured, pressing a delicate kiss to the girl's hair. "At least for the next five minutes."

Twenty minutes later, the pair wormed their way out of bed, Hunter digging through his clothes and pulling out a black turtleneck and a red pinafore-dress, also pulling out a pair of combat boots. "I took these from your room in case you needed it." He grinned, before pulling out a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket for himself.

"I'll wait outside the apartment building while you go and get you stuff." Hunter said as the pair connected arms, leaving the mansion, and making their way to Rachel and Kurt's apartment. It was early in the morning, so neither knew if anyone would be awake.

Marina slid open the door to the apartment, quietly sticking her head into the apartment. Only Kurt sat there, curled into a ball on one of the chairs. "Marina? I did not think you'd be the first I'd see today." He sighed.

Marina raised an eyebrow. "Why? What's happened?"

"You knew something was going on, right? You felt it when he was singing." Kurt murmured, looking to the girl. "He cheated."

Marina gasped. "No...." She shook her head. "He wouldn't."

Kurt gave her a look. "He did. Rachel and Finn are on icy grounds too."

Marina moved to get her suitcases, holding them tightly. "I'm sorry, Kurt, I had no idea."

Kurt smiled slightly. "I know." Marina left the apartment there, meeting Hunter outside who took one of her suitcases, the pair interlocking arms once more as they walked through the streets of New York city.

Hunter nonchalantly looked down at Marina. "By the way, Sebastian was the one to get me the ticket here."

Marina halted in her tracks, looking up at Hunter with her mouth open. "You told him?"

Hunter smirked jokingly, "Everything. In detail." Marina hit his arm, knowing that last part wasn't true.

"No, but he did want to know everything. Like, the basics. So, I told him." Hunter chuckled.

Marina looked at him with a blank face. "What did he say?" She asked, knowing he would have said something odd.

"He said that we're a lot more than friends with benefits. Apparently, we're solidly dating." His tone was surprised.

Marina gave him a look. "But.... We're not dating." Hunter nodded.

"That's what I told him."

Marina and Hunter got a speedy train ticket back to Westerville, holding their four suitcases as they stepped off the train. "So, you liked the mansion?"

"I did. It's going to be so fun living there after graduation." Hunter smiled to the girl.

"Welcome back totally not lovebirds!" Sebastian shouted, waving to the pair. They walked over to him, giving the boy a blank look.

"Yet again, not dating." They chorused, nudging shoulders as they did so.

"You two literally had a date last night." Sebastian said blankly, "And you two stay the night, and you two do the affectionate hugs and forehead-shoulder-hair-nose kisses." The pair exchanged looks of disbelief.

"Also, since I do all of that with Thad, I can confirm y'all are basically dating." They moved to Sebastian's car, still telling the boy they weren't dating. When they got back to Dalton academy, they unpacked and went to Warbler practice.

Marina paused, halting Hunter and Sebastian. "Didn't you say you need to learn how to do a backflip?"

Hunter smirked, "I've been practicing, actually."

Marina gave him a look. "Without someone who can do one? Damn Hunter you really are trying to get yourself into hospital. They're dangerous if you haven't done them before." She stated.

Hunter rolled his eyes. "I'm okay."

"Guys," Sebastian began, "Why don't I show you what I've managed to do." They walked into Senior Commons, Sebastian urging the boys to get in position. Most could do the leg flip, and most could go the other flips, too.

"My god," Marina said to Sebastian, "You're better at getting them to learn the moves."

"Actually," Thad grinned, moving to hug Marina and bro-hug Hunter, "My boyfriend had us training all day while you were in New York and Hunter was in Colorado Springs."

"All day?" Hunter asked.

"All day." Trent confirmed. "I lost at least four hours of studying."

"You needed a break from the studying, Trent. We all know you're getting in." Jeff said to him.

Nick nodded in agreement. "You're talking, like, every possible class."

Sebastian grinned, standing near Marina and Hunter. "Why don't we do some singing, y'know, loosen them up?" The pair nodded, coming up with a song. 

Three more voices entered mid-song, Marina turning to see Arabella, Kara, and Jamie. They made a group hug, still singing, the boys joining to create a mass squad group hug. "Welcome back, Mari, Hunter." Arabella grinned.

"Guess what." Kara moved forward, staring between the pair.

"What?" Marina asked, tilting her head.

"It's almost time for your least favourite part of the year." She stopped, the trio speaking in unison, "The annual McKinley high school musical!"

"And lucky for you we're all helping with the hair, clothes, and makeup." Jamie added, gesturing to the trio.

"Oh, thank god."