t w e n t y - t h r e e

Blaine hastily changed out of his superhero attire while Marina stayed in hers- it was just some of her normal clothes she owned. They drove to Dalton, Blaine and Marina standing side-by-side as they walked through the halls of the school. As they walked, Blaine looked to Marina, surprised, as many of the boys waved or said hello to her. She waved back at them.

"Didn't know you knew so many people." Blaine noted.

"I live here, remember." She simply responded as the pair saw Sebastian waiting at the bottom of the stairs. "Hey, Sebby." Marina grinned, half-hugging the boy.

Blaine gave him an unimpressed look. "Sebastian. Of course, it was you."

Sebastian shook his head. "No, it wasn't, I swear." It was only a half-lie, "I turned over a new leaf, remember? No more bullying, blackmail or assault this year. That must be boring for you. Yeah, it is. Being nice sucks." Sebastian stated with an arrogance in his tone as he still held an upper hand over Blaine- Marina too.

"He's waiting for you in the library." Sebastian smirked, winking knowingly at Marina.

"Who is?" Blaine questioned, confused.

"The guy you're here to see. Captain of the Warblers." Sebastian said.

"I thought you were captain of the Warblers." Blaine said slowly.

"Vice-captain." Sebastian responded. He stayed behind as Blaine and Marina moved forward into the library.

Marina noticed Hunter sitting in the main chair, Blaine looking around in confusion. He was petting a cat as he turned in his seat, looking to the pair. "I knew they'd send you. Well, you two. Allow me to answer the obvious questions. I'm Hunter Clarington, I am the new captain of the Warblers, and I'm not even remotely bi-curious." His eyes raked up and down Marina's body, the girl's eyes locking with his.

"How are you captain of the Warblers when?" Blaine began.

"When you've never seen me before? Simple." He stood. "Marina's Uncle Dalton just gave me a full scholarship to move here from Colorado Springs, where I led my military academy choir to a Regionals victory with presidential honours. Now I'm here to kick it up a notch, and that starts with you." He stated.

"That's very intimidating. Where's the trophy, Hunter?" Blaine asked.

Marina leaned into Blaine, speaking softly. "He can be very intimidating when he wants to be."

"Don't worry, it's safe. It was just bait after all. See, you're kind of a legend here. I like that. So, here's my offer: Your little diversity club can have its Nationals trophy back when you re-join the Warblers." He stated, standing near the fireplace with a hand on his hip.

"And why would I ever leave McKinley?" Blaine asked.

"Well, I had Marina do a little inside research." Hunter began, "She knows you and Kurt broke up- everyone does. It makes me wonder-why would you stay? I heard you only went there to be with Kurt, right? In fact, I hear they even call you Blaine Warbler. They know you don't belong there, so why don't you?"

Sebastian entered with Nick, Jeff, Thad, and Trent. "We all know the real Blaine, Blaine, ambitious, driven. You're a Dalton boy." Sebastian stated.

Marina laughed to herself, the boys' eyes falling on her. "Sorry. Dalton boys."

"Present the blazer." Hunter said to Nick and Jeff, who handed Sebastian the blazer.

"That's not going to work on me." Blaine shook his head.

"Then why be afraid to try it on?" Sebastian slipped the blazer onto Blaine.

"Wow. You do look better with the blazer." Marina noted.

"Here's the thing, Blaine. You know that Nationals trophy was a fluke for the exception of two girls, just like you know we're going to win at Sectionals. Now, I don't want to see a Dalton legend like you side-lined in his senior year. I want you on the winning side, here with us." Even when trash-talking the New Directions, you could never say anything bad about Marina, Arabella, Kara, or Jamie. You'd either be lying or about to get beaten up.

"You know what goes great with a new Dalton blazer? An impromptu song." Sebastian grinned. The other four nodded in an excited agreement.

"What? No, no." Blaine denied as Hunter sat down, pulling Marina to sit on the chair beside him.

"Oh, come on, one song for your old buddies." Sebastian tried to persuade him.

"Guys, I didn't come here to sing a song." But as soon as they began to sing, Blaine sang along. The other Warblers entered the room, dancing and singing to the song. Hunter looked impressed as they sang with Blaine, Marina impressed Blaine was actually willing to sing. 

Everyone followed Blaine's every order, the boy seeming happier as a part of the Warblers. Sebastian led the group's dancing until Hunter joined, he and Sebastian moving towards Blaine with smirks on their faces. When they finished, Marina clapped loudly and happily, rushing up to Hunter and Sebastian, standing between them and hugging them both.

"That was amazing, guys! I didn't even know about the song!" She said happily to the group.

"What did I tell you? Flawless." Sebastian smiled to Blaine. He took off the blazer, trying to hand it back to Hunter.

"Keep it." Hunter shrugged, "It's already yours. Don't you think it's time you came back where you belong..." Hunter paused, his smirk widening "Blaine Warbler?"

"To be fair, you seemed a lot happier." Marina shrugged.

"Did you know he stole the Nationals trophy?" Blaine asked her, an eyebrow raised.

"Blaine, I stole the bloody trophy." Marina said to him, as if it were an obvious fact.

"And I did the video editing." Sebastian jokingly added.