n i n e t e e n

Yet again, more auditions were being held. This time, Kitty and Jake stood on stage, auditioning together.

They sang everybody talks, a song the four knew to be Arabella's favourite song. Therefore, the girl was biased on who she want cast. Marina rolled her eyes, "Bella, I'm pretty sure they're going to keep Ryder and Marley as Danny and Sandy."

However, Marina, too, became biased when Jake began to do flips. Artie and Finn cheered, Marina clapping loudly. "Marley and Jake as Danny and Sandy." Marina decided, hoping Artie and Finn (the actual directors and casting directors) would agree.

When they finished, the eight all cheered and clapped loudly as Jake and Kitty hugged happily. Mike elbowed Marina. "He danced."

"Oh, you bet he did."

In the choir room, the eight created a bulletin board with cast members and potential actors for each character. The main struggle was Danny and Sandy. Jake or Ryder for Danny, Marley, or Kitty for Sandy. "Okay, we need to do that thing where we call people back. What's that called?" Finn asked.

"Callbacks." Everyone else in the group said, giving Finn a look of questioning.

"I don't know. I feel like Kitty has the inside track on Sandy. Sandy can't be brunette." Artie stated.

"Oh, like Maria couldn't be black?" Mercedes wondered, referring back to the year before.

"That was a year ago, Mercedes. Let it go." Artie rolled his eyes.

"I think Marley was the better singer." Kara stated, "She could wear a wig or use wash out hair dye for the show." She suggested.

"Okay, so we call back all the Sandy's and the Danny's. What about the rest?" Finn decided.

"Brittany for cha-cha, she's the best dancer." Marina gave him a mock hurt look, "You're not in it, Marina, you're the head seamstress."

"You know, Tina would make a great Jan." Mercedes suggested.

Jamie sighed, "It's too bad she won't audition because she refuses to be in the same room with Mike." Mike awkwardly looked away.

"Okay, what about Rizzo?" Finn questioned. He looked at Artie. "Now, I know it's way outside of the box, but I like Unique for it. He wants it so badly." Marina, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara all nodded in agreement.

"He's the best singer, too." Mercedes added, getting a second round of nods.

"So, we cast a brunette as Sandy and a guy as Rizzo. Who's directing this, Julie Taymor?" Artie scoffed.

"Artie, a diverse cast is better than nothing." Jamie stated, the group nodding in agreement.

"It's better to Think about how cool it would be to do something really different." Finn agreed. "Though I don't agree with your choices, I appreciate your passion. It's nice to have the old Finn back." Artie smiled as he cast Unique as Rizzo.

"Finn Hudson?" Sue appeared in the doorway, arms crossed, and glaring at the boy. "In Principal Figgins' office now." They stared at her in shock, "Now, fatty!"

Marley, Kitty, Ryder, Jake, Mercedes, and Mike all stood on the stage of the auditorium whilst Marina, Arabella, Jamie, Kara, Wade, Joe, Sugar, Brittany, and Sam all sat in the first row of the chairs. Finn and Artie sat up in the area they watched the auditions with, ready to choose who will be cast as Danny and Sandy.

"All right! You guys killed your auditions, but there can only be one Sandy and there can only be one Danny." Mercedes stated.

"The heart of Grease is the Danny-Sandy romance. This call back is all about the chemistry. We want to see how well you play off each other. Is there heat?" Mike added, circling the four.

"We also want to see how you sing and dance '50s-stye. That's why we gave you the audition song ahead of time." Finn explained.

"I don't really read music, so...." Ryder said nervously.

"It's okay. Mercedes and I will get you started." Mike told the group.

Kitty smirked. "Start away. Everyone knows Kitty cat's gonna finish it."

Mercedes placed a hand to her hip. "Oh, you have a lot of attitude, little girl. Let's see if you have the stuff to back it up. Hit it!" At that, the band began to play.

Mercedes and Mike showed them the dance, easing them in to singing along. As they sang and danced, it seemed as if the boys were fighting over Marley. The sitting group eventually joined them on stage after dancing along with them in their seats, Marina seeing Kitty about to lunge for Marley. Jake lifted Kitty out of the way as Marina grabbed the younger girl's hand, spinning her over to Ryder for them to continue to dance.

Jake shot Marina a thankful look as they all danced together to the music, each person posing in a different pose when the music finished. "Thanks for that." Jake whispered lowly to Marina, looking over to Marley.

"Not a problem," Marina replied, "I'm always willing to prevent dead bodies."

Everyone crowded around the finalized cast list as it's placed on the bulletin board, Finn, Artie, Mike, and Mercedes smiling proudly. The other four were already noting down the materials they would need for the characters, and the amount based on the measurements they already had from the Glee club. All they needed was the measurements of Marley, Ryder, Unique, Kitty, and Jake and then everything would be okay.

Everyone displayed levels of happiness, Jake seeming disappointed but happy he was still in the play. Kitty shoved her way to the front, only staring at the list. "Patty Simcox? Patty Simcox? Who the hell is Patty Simcox? I don't understand. I pray really hard about this." She said angrily.

"Maybe God didn't hear you because he was busy helping people with cancer." Joe said to her.

"Shut it, Avatar." She then turned to Jake. "This is all your fault. You screwed up hand -jive." "No, I didn't. We were both great. It just didn't work out."

"I've been hearing that a lot lately from you." Then she looked to Marley.

"Oh. One little thing, honey boo boo. I know a good, hot meal is hard to resist, especially when you're on the free lunch program but remember, the stage always adds at least ten pounds. In your case, it's close to 90. So, when you and your mom, strawberry hugecake, are dumpster diving for your costume, keep on picking till you find something slimming. Like a back hefty bag."

"Kitty, my baby needs to be fed." Sue ordered. She looked to the cast list, angrily looking to Finn.