f o u r

"Hey, Kitty." Artie said energetically.

"Heya, Kitty cat." Marina smiled softly.

"Hey, you guys see the new lunch lady? She's so fat, they took a picture of her last Christmas. Still printing." One of the footballers chuckled. Marina looked to the woman. Yeah, maybe she was big, but there's nothing wrong with that.

"Hey, she has to wear a watch on both wrists because she covers two time zones." The other footballer laughed.

"Maybe she has, like, a medical condition or she swallowed somebody with a medical condition." Brittany said seriously in her own way, but they took it the wrong way and laughed, thinking it was an insult. Brittany looked at them, confused.

"Right, Artie?" The second footballer asked, pointing to the boy.

"When she sits around the house, she really sits around the house." Artie laughed nervously.

Marina stood, Arabella, Kara, and Jamie on her heels. "Artie, this isn't how the New Directions do things." She sighed, "Or has the fame just went to your head?" She walked away, the three beside her.

"I promise they aren't always like that." Arabella smiled to the pair.

"I know, Bells." Kara smiled.

That night, Marina went to Cheerio practice with Kara, began to create a kickass audition for Kara and Jamie to get into the New Directions, and then lead Warbler practice with Hunter. They were beginning to hold auditions, and so far, the pair hadn't decided on a single person that deserved to join the Warblers. She had also gone to her uncle, Arabella in tow, trying to get Jamie and Kara a dorm in their block. It worked as soon as Arabella said she loved the girl.

That Friday, Marina stood backstage with Kara, Jamie, and Marley from the lunchroom. "Okay, so you two are auditioning together because screw Schuester, and Miss Marley, you are going to get in with your rendition of New York State of Mind. There was a boy on stage- Jake, the player Kitty had her eyes on. Marina thought he looked... familiar, looked a bit like Puck.

"Kara Sanders and Jamie Edwards." Schuester called, the two girls walking onto the stage. Marina followed. "Why are you here, Marina?" He asked.

"Well, Schuester, like Arabella, these two had my help getting into the club as they are talented, and I can see that." She paused, meeting the man's eyes, "I hope you can too." She then stood back, letting the pair complete their audition. Pride was already in Arabella's eyes as she looked at Kara.

Jamie sang Halsey's Castle while Kara sang Melanie Martinez's Dollhouse. Marina grinned happily as they performed, knowing she had given them a guaranteed spot in the club. Arabella was smiling proudly when making sure to tell the group they were her friends.

When they finished, the members of the New Directions clapped loudly, Arabella the loudest. "We'll get back to you." Mr. Schuester smiled.

Marina chuckled dryly. "I hope that means 'Welcome to the club', Schuester." She said as the trio went backstage as Marley was called onto the stage.

"Hi, I'm Marley Rose and I'll be singing New York State of Mind- written by Billy Joel." Marley said nervously into the microphone.

"Popularised by one miss Barbra Streisand." Wade added quietly as they all watched the girl begin to sing.

As the girl sang, Marina couldn't help but know Marley was good- not as good as she, Arabella, Jamie, or Kara- but still pretty good. They clapped from the wings when she finished, Marina sending her a thumbs up. Schuester and the New Directions clapped, "Thank you. Thank you."

The group then left, Marina grouping up with Arabella as the four hopped into the girl's car, Driving back to Dalton. Jamie and Kara had collected some of their belongings for their Dalton dorms, and Marina and Arabella had set up their rooms based on their known interests. Today was the day they would meet the boys, this was the day the boys would meet the girls, and this was the day Arabella would meet Hunter.

When they arrived, they hastily placed the stuff in their respective rooms and changed into alternate outfits before meeting together in the shared dorm space. "We'll be going down to Senior Commons." Marina explained.

Marina had changed into a white shirt, rolled up to her elbows and tucked into a black skirt that ended at her upper thigh, her thigh-high boots covering the skin on her legs, a small sliver of skin left. Arabella wore blue jean shorts and a green t-shirt, white trainers on her feet. Kara wore a white turtleneck and black jeans, flats on her feet. Jamie wore a red hoodie with blue jeans, black combat boots on her feet.

Marina led them to Senior Commons, opening the door and slipping through, the other three still outside. "Okay, they don't know I'm a co-captain, so don't tell them." She stated quietly. The six nodded. There seemed to be a tense silence, and so Marina immediately turned to Hunter.

"Clarington, what the hell did you do?" She asked harshly, glaring at the boy.

He rolled his eyes, smirking. "Oh, come on Princess, I didn't do anything."

Sebastian stood, pointing to the boy. "That! He's known you for a week and he's calling you Princess! I don't like it!" Thad and the other three nodded in agreement.

Marina made her way to Sebastian, smiling softly. "Ignore him, Sebby. It's what I do." She turned to the four beside him. "Ignore him and he's less annoying."

Hunter glared at her back. She turned to him. "Just... don't mess this up for me, Clarington. I want you guys to be friends." He nodded. In that outfit, he just wanted to press Marina against a wall and... well.

She opened the door, the trio stepping into the room. Kara and Jamie looked at all six boys, but Arabella was only looking at Hunter. She moved to him, crossing her arms. "So, you're the one who took Sebastian's place as captain of the Warblers?" She spoke sassily. Kara laughed from behind her uncrossing the girl's arms.

"I'm here because Edward Dalton knows I took my Military school's show choir in Colorado Springs to Nationals." He replied, "I never knew I'd be replacing anyone." He was sincere, and Marina could tell he was on good behaviour- actually being nice.

"When he's not being an asshole I kinda like him." Sebastian mumbled under his breath to Marina. She nodded in agreement.

"I quite like his asshole behaviour." She whispered back.

So, with that, the ten were sitting around Senior Commons and getting along. They had talked late into the night and ventured back to their rooms. Marina and Hunter stayed outside their rooms whilst everyone else went back inside.

"Thanks for acting nice, Clarington." Marina said to him.

He frowned, "That wasn't acting, Marina. I really do want to be your friend-maybe more. Friends with the boys, friends with the girls."