f o r t y - n i n e

As everyone sat in the choir room in relief at Brittany's prediction being a lie, Coach Beiste entered the choir room. "Hey, Will, you wanted to see me?" Coach Beiste smiled slightly in confusion.

"We wanted you to join us for our first annual. 'Thank God the World Isn't Ending' glee practice." He chuckled, relieved.

"It's where I can throw Junior Mints at Marley without feeling bad about it again." Kitty smirked half-jokingly.

"Sit down." Mr. Schue offered.

"Drat!" Arabella childishly exclaimed, she and Jamie standing up. "We have English next- I forgot my homework. It's in my locker."

Jamie piped up from beside her. "And I need my water if we're gonna be dancing." Mr. Schue kindly let them leave, Marina and Kara bidding them a hasty goodbye.

"Mm, I don't know, Will." Coach Beiste said unsurely.

"Come on, we're gonna sing some songs, maybe bust out a few dance moves. I may even rap." Mr. Schue tried to convince the woman.

She nodded, "Okay."

Mr. Schue moved to face everyone once more. "All right! Let's get started." He clapped his hands, but the noise was way too loud for a simple clap. A girl screamed from outside the choir room, and then they heard the running. There was another noise what was undoubtedly a gunshot, Marina lacing her hands with Kara's now shaking ones.

Marina gripped her phone in her hands as Kara's face dropped. "Bells! Mr. Schue, Bells and Jamie are out there!" Coach Beiste moved to secure the doors, Kara moving forward.

"Coach, Jamie and Bella are still out there." She said as calmly as she could as everyone began to spread out and hide at Mr. Schue's orders.

Marina pulled her into a corner with Blaine, her phone hastily ringing Hunter. "Hey, Princess." Hunter's voice was calm and arrogant, yet extremely kind.

"Gunshots. Here. Bella and Jamie are out there." The brunette rushed out in alarm. On Hunter's side of the phone, he paled, beginning to yell things out to Sebastian and Thad, the three boys pulling Nick, Jeff, and Trent with them as they piled into the minivan and began to drive to McKinley.

So that the boys could speak at normal volume, Marina turned the phone sound down to a whisper, her and Kara listening to the boys speak throughout the tense silence. Their hands stayed gripped as if they were gripping to their sanity, listening to the hushed voices of the six boys, tuning out the metronome that only brought worry into their heads.

"Are we even sure those are gunshots?" Blaine asked quietly, only getting told to quieten down. He too was listening to the voices of the six Warblers, four of them who he had a brotherly like bond with.

Mr. Schue leaned up to look at them all. "Here, hey, guys, guys, guys. Start texting, tweeting, let everyone know what's going on. But don't tell them we're here, all right? Shooters have smartphones, too."

"Not that smart if they're shooting up a school." Marina hissed in panic, only tightening her grip on Kara and the voices of the boys.

"As soon as we're here we'll be outside, okay?" Sebastian spoke into the phone.

"We'll keep talking until we see you." Hunter added, knowing their voices would be a grounding technique for the two terrified girls.

Mr. Schue spoke once more as everyone began to frantically text. Using Kara's phone, the pair alerted the group chat called 'GRADUATES', which consisted of Quinn, Santana, Finn, Rachel, Kurt, Puck, Mercedes, and Mike. Nervous texts ensued from the majority of the eight, all concerned and scared for the younger group. "Guys... we're all just gonna stay here, okay? Got nowhere to be, we don't know what's out there." He then spoke once more. "I love you guys."