f i f t y - o n e

"All right, guys, let's get right into it. And remember, the trick is the change in vocal quality from the smooth, sultry sounds of Gary Wright to the commanding tone of Annie Lennox, and then back to the poppy fun of Darryl Hall." Mr. Schue walked into the room, believing everyone would listen to him.

It was proved wrong when Blaine raised his hand. "Uh, Mr. Shue? Um, we kind of got together as a group after you gave us these songs yesterday, and we came up with some... alternatives." Blaine said hesitantly, his voice only slightly wavering.

"Why would you do that?" Mr. Schue's voice dropped as he questioned Blaine.

"Mm, you might need some woman parts to help you sell that." Unique said sassily, handing Blaine a piece of artificial skin she kept under her clothes to appear more woman-like.

"I'll go get Evan." Sam said happily, most likely trying to evade conflict.

"Sam, sit down. Honestly, I don't even know what's going on in this room anymore. What happened to you guys? Openly defying me? Unique, you need to tone it down with the whole boob thing. Sam, we all know you don't have a twin brother, and frankly, it's distracting." Mr. Schue angrily ranted. "And you, Marina, thinking you're an adult and that you don't have to listen to me."

Blaine stumbled over his words, Marina defending herself. "I'm technically a legal adult, not even enrolled here, and the one who is currently keeping your job stable. So, I don't really have to listen to you." Marina said coldly.

"No, what you were trying to do is not rehearsing the song list that I gave you, and that is unacceptable. So, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to go to the teachers' lounge and get the coffee that I skipped to get here early, and when I get back in five minutes, you will be ready to rehearse... my songs." Mr. Schue angrily continued.

The group were all busy for the majority of the day, managing to get a meeting the next day. Marina, Arabella, Kara, and Jamie were with Marley, Tina, Unique, and Kitty, talking and laughing and discussing her wedding. Mr. Schue entered the room. "Looking good, Unique. You, too, Tina. Very Jules Verne. Also, I'm sorry, Marina. I was harsh and ignorant." The three girls only smiled at the man.

"Hey, Blaine. Sam." He then greeted the two boys.

"I'm Evan. Sam moved to Alaska." Sam, as Evan, informed Mr. Schue with a pout.

"Oh. Well-well, tell him he's welcome back anytime." He smiled before sighing. "So... just about 20 years ago, I was sitting right where you are now. I was co-captain of the soccer team with a forehead full of acne and a dream of being the next Vanilla Ice. And standing right here was Mrs. Adler." He said nervously, referring to the framed picture of the woman.

"She constantly mumbled to herself and she stuffed used Kleenex up her sleeves. We all were convinced that she was crazy. But you know what? That's why we loved her... because we were crazy, too. This is the room that always felt like home. Maybe because we knew Lillian Adler loved music almost as much as she loved us." He chuckled sadly, looking to the group.

"And that's how I feel about you. Every one of you. And-and I'm sorry if I made any of you feel like you don't have a voice in this room. You do. And I know someone else who does, too." He snapped his fingers, a familiar face coming into the room.

"My man!" Artie happily exclaimed as everyone began to clap and cheer.

"Finn and I are gonna be working together as a team alongside Marina, Hunter, and Sebastian. Equal partners." Mr. Schue grinned, inviting the three to stand beside him. They all thanked him; glad he came to his senses.

"And we are not gonna eat, sleep or breathe until you've blasted through regionals and earned your rightful spot at nationals." Finn told them all.

"But breathing's necessary." Sebastian jokingly pointed out as the group in front of them applauded.

"All right, down to business. Marley, you're up." Mr. Schue said, gesturing over to the brunette.

"Okay. I haven't quite memorized 'Dream Weaver' yet, but I think I have 'Sweet Dreams.'" She said awkwardly as she stood up to face the five.

"Didn't I tell you? Those are out. Sebastian and Marina are doing Smooth Criminal, and I want you to teach us one of your original songs. If that's okay." Mr. Schue told them all. Sebastian and Marina shared a hug of excitement, whispering to one another as the others watched in amusement.

"I'd love that." Marley giggled.

"So, shall it be written! So, shall it be done!" Sam- or Evan- exclaimed happily, ensuring a round of laughter.

"Finn!" Marina exclaimed in excitement, hitting Hunter's arm, and showing off her left hand.

Finn paled, looking between the two. "No." He gaped. Marina furrowed her eyebrows. "I can't believe you didn't tell me first!" He hissed to Hunter, making the trio laugh.

"To be fair, only Sebastian knew." Hunter reveals.

"When it comes to their relationship, I'm always the first to know." Sebastian shrugged it off, looking at his nails.

"Tread lightly Sebby, I was the one who got you with Thad. Same for Bella and Kara." Marina joked in revelation.

"Anyway," Mr. Schue called them back to give his their attention, "To the auditorium."