f o r t y - s i x

"No." Marina pouted, "I don't want you six to be busy for the next two weeks."

Hunter chuckled, pulling the shorter girl into a hug, "Princess, we still all live together, it's not like we won't be seeing each other."

"And anyway," Trent said knowingly, "They're tests. We have to do them if we all want to go to New York."

"True." Marina said in acceptance. "Doesn't mean I like it."

"We'll miss you." Marina, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara chorused.

"We'll miss you too." Hunter, Sebastian, Thad, Nick, Trent, and Jeff chorused afterward.

Even though Mr. Schue was sick, a Glee club meeting had been called. Marina walked in with Jamie, Kara, and Arabella ahead, their arms linked. Kitty entered too, confusion in her voice. "Why are we here? I thought Mr. Shue was sick." Kitty wondered.

"Yeah, why are we here?" Kara quietly asked.

"I was wondering the same thing." Unique added.

"Oh, come on, guys. Regionals is only a few weeks away. Even without an adviser, or the Warblers, we can't afford to miss one week of preparation." Blaine said happily as he and Sam motioned for everyone to gather around them.

Sam clapped his hands, "Which is why Blaine and I asked you all to come here. We have come up with an assignment for this week." He moved to the whiteboard, beginning to write on it in large writing.

"Please be songs about sweaters." Brittany wished.

Marina laughed, "And Weather." Brittany got the joke for once, the pair sharing a high-five.

When Sam finished writing on the board, him and Blaine turned to the group with expectant looks on their faces. "Guilty pleasures. Come on! We all have some musical shame. You know what I'm talking about. You know, that secret love we dare not speak, but when it comes out on the radio, you can't help but turn up the volume and sing along?" Blaine said hopefully.

"Yeah, and we're supposed to sing one of those songs for regionals?" Ryder asked critically.

Blaine denied, "No. Sam and I were speaking earlier, just, like, shooting the crap like two bros do, you know, and we felt really safe with each other. So, we decided to reveal our guilty pleasures."

Sam nodded in agreement. "And it felt amazing. I mean, letting go of this big secret made me feel so good."

"And figured if we all share musical shame with each other, we could all become a more cohesive team for regionals." Blaine told them all.

"Unique knows no shame, baby." Unique smiled sassily.

"So, besides Unique, does anybody else have something they would like to share? Guys, this is a great team-building exercise." Sam questioned.

Jake piped up, moving closer to Sam and Blaine. "Okay, well, then you guys go first."

"We thought instead of telling you, we could... show you!" They revealed their shirts they hid underneath, beginning to sing. The group travelled to the auditorium, changing into 80's style clothing that matched the iconic music video. 

The four sat on a small table in the McKinley high cafeteria, chatting about their choices for Guilty Pleasure week. "I think we should take a tip from Thad." Arabella said knowingly.

"We all vibe with it too." Kara sighed in agreement.

"I want Blaine to record it," Marina demanded, "Also, Jamie, this is your time to shine."

Jamie sighed with a smile on their face. "Shakira."

"I'll be doing the Wyclef Jean parts." Kara added.

"I'll do the part before the Spanish." Arabella muttered.

"And I'll do the Spanish." Marina finished.

The four stood in front of the others in the choir room, Blaine holding his phone, recording. Jamie and Kara were in the front of their square formation, Marina and Arabella at the back. "Shakira. That's it." Jamie said blandly.

"Also, Barbie songs." Arabella whispered under her breath.

The band began to play the music, the four singing the lyrics and dancing around to the song.

The next day, Sam was the one stood in front of the group, a frown on his face. He took a deep breath before hastily speaking. "I love Barry Manilow. I mean, not just, you know, the Barry Manilow Love on Ice Tour, but-but I think he's an amazing songwriter and performer, and I also believe he's underappreciated, has amazing hair, and has done a hell of a lot of good for this world through his light-rock talent. This is who I am, and I make no apologies."

As the music began, Sam moved to collect a large purple and black coat-like-thing. "Am I supposed to know who Barry Manilow is?" Marina quietly wondered, not getting any response.

As Sam sang, Brittany stood, dancing, pulling Jake to his feet. Eventually everyone was dancing around to the song, singing along and overall having fun. When the music ended, they all clapped and cheered for Sam.

"That was so brave." Blaine grinned.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." Brittany whispered.

"You've given me the courage to stand... well, sit in front of my peers and proudly state that I'm a Fan-ilow as well." Artie agreed.

"Guys, I like him, too." Jake admitted.

"Music aside, the guy's got style. All right, if it was '79, I'd be rocking the Manilow centre part instead of the Bieber." Ryder grinned.

"Are you guys kidding? You guys really like Barry, huh?" Sam grinned in shock.

"Dude, everyone loves Barry, but thank you for making us finally say it out loud. Go Sam." Blaine told him, creating another loud round of cheers and applause for the blonde.

"We love the Barry!" Artie yelled throughout all of the cheers.