f i f t y - f o u r

Sitting in the choir room, talking with Blaine, they halted when Mr. Schue happily came into the room and wrote 'WONDER-FUL' on the whiteboard. "All right, guys, I just got some wonderful news from Rachel. She's got a second call back for Funny Girl." Mr. Schue told them all, everyone cheering (even if they didn't like her).

"That's awesome." Blaine grinned, happy for the girl.

"And that's not our only good news. Brittany is at M.I.T. touring the campus because she's got an early acceptance." Mr. Schue revealed.

"That can't be true." Kitty denied, shocked at the idea that Brittany could be that smart.

"And I re-proposed to Emma. She reaccepted, and we're getting married after regionals." Marina and Hunter exchanged looks.

"We're excited." Marina told him, "But when exactly after Regionals, because we've already sent out our date and time and the invitations."

Mr. Schue only smiled. "You'll see." Was all he told the pair.

"I've got good news, too. I'm wait-listed at the Columbus College of Veterinary Medicine. It's a fallback if I don't pursue acting." Tina raised her hand, telling that to the group.

"I've already been accepted for next year, too." Trent told them, "Jamie's applying too."

"We'll be going to NYADA try-outs." Nick told them, referring to himself and Jeff.

"And we're trying Julliard." Sebastian told them, gesturing to him and Thad.

"I'm starting my own career as a fashion designer and dance/music instructor." Marina told them with a grin.

"I'll be her model and co-instructor." Hunter added. "As well as modelling for other brands."

"Bless her heart." Unique muttered in regard to Tina.

"Tina, you guys, that's not just good news. It's wonderful, and that's what this week is all about. We're taking a lesson from one of the greatest musical artists of all time. Despite facing a ton of obstacles, he's a living example of embracing... n-n-no, celebrating... joy and optimism, and he's collected 25 Grammys along the way. So, don't you worry 'bout a thing because whether you're ebony or ivory, you are the sunshine of my life." Mr. Schue grinned.

"Yes." Tina cheered.

"And next week at Regionals we will be jammin' on higher ground." Mr. Schue joked.

"Yeah-yeah, it's a Stevie Wonder week." Ryder exclaimed happily, throwing his hands into the air.

Later that day, when Kitty was going to sing, Kurt, Mike, and Mercedes ran into the room, making everyone cheer and scream. The trio moved to sit with Marina and Arabella, mostly wanting to stare and admire her ring.

"You know, I'm surprised." Kurt said.

Marina raised a brow. "Surprised at what?"

"That you've never punched him or any of the other boys because they're plain idiots." Kurt chuckled.

Marina laughed, "Oh, trust me I have." Their eyes then went back onto Kitty's performance, Blaine playing the piano whilst Jake and Ryder danced along with Kitty.

They all clapped when she finished, Artie now beside her. The blonde had a hand on her hip, addressing the group. "Seemed like the perfect Stevie song to celebrate Artie getting his acceptance letter into film school." As they all cheered for Artie, Kitty joked with a smile. "Signed, sealed, delivered."

"Well, you know, that may have been the perfect song, but that performance was just one package that I'm not signing for. I mean, honestly, it was good, but you guys have got to be great for regionals." Mercedes said to the girl with brutal honesty.

"Yeah, clearly we should be taking our advice from someone who came crawling back to Ohio after apparently having her L.A. dream shattered. You learn your new lyrics yet?" Kitty said sassily. "Do you want fries with that?" She then mocked.

Mercedes smiled with equal sass to Kitty. "Oh, well, maybe if you put some of that sass in your performance, your teacher wouldn't have begged me to come here and be your new vocal coach." Kitty did not look impressed.

"Mercedes is one of the strongest vocalists in McKinley Glee Club history." Mr. Schue stated, many nodding along in agreement.

"So, does that mean the Dalton twins need it too?" Kitty sassily asked in response, referring to Marina and Sebastian.

"I've heard their original Smooth Criminal from over a year ago now. They need no improvement." Mercedes grinned, the duo politely thanking her and high fiving one another.

"So, get on point, Kitty, your little theory about Mercedes' shattered dreams, like most of the garbage that comes out of your mouth, is wrong. All right, Mercedes is back because she has a new album coming out, all about home, and she's come back to film a video for it." Kurt grinned, happy for one of his best friends.

"Wow, Mercedes, that's awesome." Sam uttered in shock.

"And Mr. Shue asked me to help choreograph for regionals." Mike grinned. He and Marina did one of their secret handshakes.

Tina frowned. "I love you, Mike, I love all my exes. But this isn't wonderful news, it's shocking. Now we need some guy to help us dance? What about Marina? Hashtag Glee Hates Girls. And what are you here to lecture us about, Kurt, our horrible taste in clothing?"

"My dad has cancer." Kurt frowned.

"Thanks, Tina." Blaine muttered.

"All right, let's take this whole thing from the top. Kitty in the back. Marley, I want you on lead vocals." Mercedes ordered, trying to diffuse the sudden tension.

"Also, Tina, Mike has more dancing experience than I do." Marina stated as they all made their way to the auditorium.

• MARINA • Hunter Clarington-BOOK TWO✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें