f i f t y - s e v e n

Standing in one of the backstage rooms, the two united Glee clubs listened to the announcer speak to the crowd over the pa. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the 2013. Greater Midwest High School Show Choir Regionals. Now, please raise the roof for our distinguished panel of judges. Executive Director of Ohio State Supermax Penitentiary Warden William Bobby! Wrongfully accused football legend Coach 'Fingers' Shafranski! And Indiana's number one circus contortionist Lady Marvellous! First up, their parents are rich, and their voices are golden... From Ziegler Prep in Cincinnati, it's The Waffle-Toots!"

"Kermit sings that." Was the first thing Arabella said when they began to sing 'Rainbow Connection'. Jeff nodded in agreement.

"Has this club been running since the 1800's?" Hunter questioned. Sebastian shook his head. "Well, then. That means they stole our entire thing!" The boys gasped before frowning.

Ryder joined them in the room. "Marley was right."

"Ryder, thank God." Mr. Schue sighed in relief.

"I'm really only upset with one person. It wouldn't be fair to punish the whole team." Ryder admitted, his eyes on Unique. Turns out she was the true Catfish.

"Thank you. All right." Mr. Schue said quietly.

"But, uh... I have done a lot of thinking. And after regionals is over, I'm officially leaving Glee Club." Ryder announced.

Sebastian elbowed Hunter and Marina. "So are we. No matter if we win or lose, we transferred the place to the New Directions." Hunter told them, Marina and Sebastian nodding in agreement.

"So, you lot will be at Nationals," Marina explained, "I'll still get a diploma from Figgins, my mansion will be renovated, and the boys are spending their time doing a bunch of classes." Marina explained.

As the Warbler-fakes finished, the announcer spoke again over the pa. "From North Valley Central High School in Indianapolis...the crossroads of America, it's the Hoosierdaddies!"

They moved to their seats as Frida Romero and the rest of the Hoosierdaddies came onto the stage. In the middle of their first song, Sebastian gasped. "Boys on stage dancing like that? Another Glee club that copied us." He scoffed. Thad elbowed him.

"This Frida Romero reminds me of Rachel Berry. Good singer but constantly wants all the attention." Marina muttered.

Brittany also joined the group before they all moved to the choir room for their final preparations. "All right, everybody. Show circle. Come on in." This year, the show circle was the biggest it had ever been, and probably the biggest it would ever be.

Brittany spoke before Mr. Schue could. "New Directions, Warblers, um, before we go onstage, I have something I want to tell you guys. I got offered early admission to MIT." Everyone cheered at that.

"I never thought that I would... graduate high school, let alone go to college, so... I have to jump on this offer before it gets taken away. They want me to leave immediately. That's why I had that meltdown. Um... my entire life, people have always told me that I was stupid. And... after a while I started to believe them. And it wasn't until... I walked in this room... ...and I joined this club that I really started believing in myself. And as soon as I did that, as soon as... I started believing that maybe I was smart after all, I think the whole world did, too. And I'm really gonna miss you guys. 'Cause you guys are like my family." Brittany spoke, tears falling from her face. Tina was crying too, Blaine comforting her quietly.