t w e n t y - o n e

"Come on, Princess!" Hunter exclaimed, pulling the girl up onto her feet. He looked to the lake, giving Marina an expectant look. He pulled his t-shirt over his head, "We can't go swimming fully-clothed!" He then shimmied out of his pants, leaving his clothes in a pile away from the water's edge.

Marina pulled the oversized hoodie over her head, dumping it with Hunter's clothes as they ran into the water, splashing the other and laughing loudly.

When they re-entered Dalton academy, Sebastian gave them a look, handing them towels as he rolled his eyes. "How come Thad and I don't get to have midnight dates in the forest?"

"No," Marina smirked, "You and Thad have midnight dates in your bed." She trailed off, "Or in the hallways of my summer home."

Hunter wrapped his arm around Marina's shoulder. "Guess what, Sebastian."

Sebastian looked between the pair, gasping loudly. "Finally? You two finally admit you were basically dating?" They both nodded as the boy thrust his arm in the air, cheering quietly. "I can't believe you're not telling anyone until Sectionals."

"No, but we're telling everyone at Sectionals. And that my girlfriend is my co-captain." Hunter smirked.

"Oh, and Sebastian, I hope you know when we win, you're becoming our co-co-captain." Marina grinned, grabbing Hunter's hand as they scampered away, laughing whilst Sebastian stood there in shock.

In McKinley's choir room, Santana Lopez stood in the middle of the room, smirking. "Of course, I can play Rizzo."

"Are you sure? We open tomorrow and we just gave you the script." Artie said, unsure.

"I was born to play this role. I've known it by heart since I was one, Artie, come on." Santana rolled her eyes at the younger boy.

"So, what are you doing in town, Santana?" Joe asked curiously.

"Shut up. Who cares?" Sugar shrugged happily.

"Yeah, the important thing is that she's here, so the show can go on." Brittany smiled softly to Santana, who chuckled.

"This one fits. I just looked at the lines for Rizzo, and I think I can be off book by Friday. I may have to hold a script in the second act." Tina suddenly walked into the choir room, dressed in one of Rizzo's outfits.

Marina, as well as Jamie, Arabella, and Kara, scoffed, "It doesn't look right. You were made for Jan." Arabella stated.

"Sorry, Tina I called Santana. She was the obvious choice to me. And if you played Rizzo, then we wouldn't have a Jan." Finn smiled nervously.

"You have got to be kidding me." Tina muttered.

"Opening night." Marina sighed, looking to Kara, Arabella, and Jamie. They all nodded, sharing her dread. The four dispersed, having different things to do. Arabella would be checking on the costumes, Kara would be doing everyone's makeup, Jamie was willing to go over lines any give any additional help whilst Marina helped everyone with their hair.

She was finishing on Sam's hair, spraying it into place as he looked up to her. "Think this will go okay?" She nodded.

"Yeah, nothing's going to go wrong. Unless somebody dies." Marina responded as she finished on Sam's hair.

"Hey." Jake appeared, the girl turning to face him.

"Hi." Marina nodded, "What's up?"

"I heard that other than Mike and Brittany you're the best dancer here." He told her.

Marina nodded. "You are too. I saw the flip in your audition." She noted, "Do you take any classes? I've been in gym since I was three."

"Uh... Ballet." Jake admitted.

"Oh, cool." Marina said to him, "I didn't like the ideas of the tutu's. Do you wear the tutu?"

Jake shook his head. "No... I don't wear the tutu. Anyway, I heard you and Mike have like a dance-buddy thing."

"You want to join? It's unspoken friendship and a bond unable to be broken." Marina said seriously. The boy nodded. "Awesome."

They went to join the rest of the group, Marina, Mike, Brittany, and Jake doing their updated dancers handshake before moving back to their closer friends. "Mini Puck joined the dancers union?" Arabella asked knowingly.

Marina nudged Arabella, motioning over to a pair they hadn't seen in a while. "Berry, Hummel!" Marina called, making them look over to them as Arabella moved forward first, pulling Rachel into a hug before doing the same to Kurt.

"Marina, Arabella, hey." Kurt smiled. "Haven't seen you since New York." Kurt said to Marina, who nodded.

"Yeah, you kinda dropped off the grid." Rachel agreed. The bell above them made a noise, telling them the curtain would soon be opening.

They all rushed to their seats, Marina and Arabella meeting Jamie and Kara. The four were sat near the stage in case they needed to rush back to help with anything.

The curtains opened, revealing the scene for Beauty school dropout as Sugar sat as Frenchy, Blaine playing the teen angel. The girls from the New Directions, and other students, were dancing alongside Blaine on the stage as he sang. He sang perfectly, Sugar capturing the true essence of Frenchy as he did so. Overall, it was amazing.

The curtains closed, the scene behind changing. When they reopened, only Santana was standing there, playing Rizzo. It was her solo of there are worse things I could do, the girl singing her heart out and silencing the auditorium as they stared in awe and amazement.

When she finished, everyone clapped and cheered loudly, the curtains closing once more. Marina grinned when she realised what was coming next- you're the one that I want.

Marley and Ryder strolled onto the stage, the others surrounding the pair as they danced and sang. Marina pulled out her phone, smiling softly.

HUNTER:

MARINA:

Grease reminds me of you.

HUNTER:

How?

MARINA:

You're the one that I want.

Once the show was over, they all regrouped in the choir room, reading the review from the critique. "Watching the skill, the nuance, this reviewer was forced to ask himself, is this not how it felt to watch Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel? And might the directing team of Mr. Hudson and Mr. Abrams be headed for careers at NASA? They should be, because last night they plucked stars from the firmament and named them Marley Rose and Ryder Lynn. Has ever an audience been so enraptured? Mayhap. But when the last breath of life crosses this reviewer's lips, it shall utter but three words: Grease, McKinley, Bravo." Everyone cheered happily at Artie's words.

"Guys, Fletcher Mantini's just a sophomore, but he's a notoriously tough critic. And that's what I call a rave review." Mr. Schue said before sighing. "Man, this week hasn't been easy, knowing it was the last time I was gonna see you guys for a while. But one thing that's helped is knowing that I'm leaving you in good hands. Here's one person who loves the Glee Club as much as I do, it's Finn. And I know in my heart that he has what it takes to get you guys a win at Sectionals. I have so much to thank you guys for. For giving me this chance to share that joy with others. I'm gonna see you guys in a few months, but hopefully, there'll be a brand-new Sectionals trophy in that case over there."

"I love you guys. I'm really gonna miss you."