e i g h t e e n

Marina, Arabella, Jamie, Kara, Mercedes, Mike, Artie, and Finn all grouped into the choir room, talking about the range of auditions. "We have plenty of girls auditioning for Sandy." Mercedes stated.

Kara pointed to the girl. "But we're gonna have a serious Danny Zuko problem if Blaine can't do it."

Mike looked at the girls, "What are the other options?"

"Yeah," Jamie added, "How about Sam?"

"He's got his heart set on Kenickie." Finn stated.

"What about Joe hart?" Arabella wondered.

Artie shook his head. "Won't cut his dreads."

"Wait, what about puck's brother? Can't he sing?" Finn asked the group.

Marina sighed. "Not interested."

"Why is it that we can't find one dude to play the lead in the school play?" Finn asked loudly.

"Well, there aren't a lot of dudes like you. Even Mr. Shue had that problem when he first started Glee Club." Mercedes stated.

"That's why he went looking for you." Mike added.

The group went back to the auditorium, more auditions ready to occur. They all sat down, unimpressed by majority of the auditions. Until Marley and Unique strolled onto the stage, singing their hearts out.

When they finished, everyone clapped for the pair, exclaiming their thoughts of awe. "That had more energy than the last three auditions combined." Mercedes stated quietly.

Artie addressed the pair. "Ladies, do you have any preference for the parts you want to play?"

"Sandy. Definitely Sandy." Marley said breathlessly.

"What about you, Wade?" Mike asked.

Marley and Wade exchanged glances. "I would like to play the role of Rizzo." Finn, Artie, Mike, and Mercedes exchanged looks as Marina, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara stared the pair down, trying to imagine them as the characters they wanted to be. They could see the pair as Sandy and Rizzo, and just hoped the others could see the same.

Finn told the group about a boy named Ryder Lynn, a member of the football team and the boy who will be playing Danny. They had also decided that Sandy would definitely be played by Marley, and they were still holding auditions for the rest of the cast.

No more auditions were being held that day and classes were over, so the four drove back to Dalton. Marina led the group to their dorm block, looking around in confusion when the boys weren't there. "Warbler practice?" Jamie suggested.

The four travelled down to the Senior Commons, Marina knocking on the door. She got no response. She quickly opened the door, shoving it fully open once she saw nobody there. "Lacrosse?" Arabella wondered.

The four ran to the lacrosse pitch, looking once more for the boys. Yet again, nobody was there. Marina gasped, running a hand through her shoulder length hair. "I'm so stupid!" She exclaimed to herself. "They're training." She pulled the trio behind her, leading them to a place in the academy they hadn't seen before- the training gym.

Marina threw the doors open, seeing the Warblers all practicing in different ways. Some were doing push ups, some were on the rowing machines or treadmills, some were doing pull ups onto bars, and some were doing bench presses. Marina's eyes immediately fell on Hunter, who was shirtless, using the most impressive piece of equipment they had- the salmon ladder. Modelled after the tv show Arrow, aiming to show the best of the best. Marina grinned to herself as she watched, seeing the purple marks that littered his upper body.

"Damn, Hunter's ripped." Kara noted. The three nodded. "If I hit him, I think I'd break my hand."

"You wouldn't." Marina immediately responded. "I've hit him before. He's annoying." The three gave her looks of surprise- they'd always seen the pair getting along.

"Yeah, well," Jamie shrugged, "He must be getting some actions in the sheets." They could all see the hickeys.

"Hey Mari, can you do the salmon ladder?" Arabella asked curiously.

"Of course, I can." She said to the three as they made themselves clear to the boys, who only now noticed them. Marina walked over to the salmon ladder, looking up at Hunter. "Clarington, get down! I want to do it." Hunter dropped, giving her a look of disbelief.

"Can you do it?" He asked, unsure if there was a chance the girl could get hurt.

"In these heels or in general?" Marina replied arrogantly, handing him her leather jacket as she jumped, gripping onto the first bar. Some of the boys cheered or clapped as she moved up the ladder, managing to get to the top with ease. At the top, Marina swung, wrapping her legs around the bar, and pushing herself to sit on top of it.

She grabbed the bar, jumping off of it and flipping through the air, landing on her feet, and doing a mock curtsey as she handed the Hunter the bar, slipping her leather jacket back on. "Yeah, I can do it." She said to them.

"Why are you four here, anyway?" Sebastian asked curiously, standing beside Thad.

"Uh... because it's nearly five pm?" Kara asked, confused.

"Wait what?" Jeff asked, pushing his hair back out of his face. He looked to Nick, "We've been training for five hours?"

"Seems like it." Nick nodded.

Arabella winced, looking to Marina as she gestured for everyone to step back. They did, watching nervously as she stared at Hunter. "Five hours?" She scoffed, "You've all been training for five hours?"

"Without a break." Thad smirked at Hunter, who glared to the shorter boy.

Marina scoffed once more. "Do you want them to pass out?" She growled. "The last time I trained for five hours without a break I also forgot to eat and passed out for and hour and a half." Marina told him, "It's dangerous, Hunter."

Hunter nodded. "I'd forgotten the time. Sorry, Marina." Marina gave him a bright smile at his words, shaking her head as she handed him a shirt.

"No problem! Anyway, guys, food's on Hunter so buy whatever you want!"