f o r t y

Everyone was seated as Mr. Schue began to sing. 

Mr. Schue and Finn then moved out of the way, Mercedes standing to the podium as everyone harmonised quietly with the girl. It was incredible how she could sing that high and hold the notes without a single falter.

Mr. Schue then continued to sing, everyone waiting in anticipation for when Emma would walk down the aisle. Everybody began to sing Emma's name with smiles on their faces, hands clasped tight in awe and excitement.

Everyone turned in their seats when Brad began to play the bridal chorus, the doors opening to reveal Becky, the girl aggressively throwing petals on the floor as she walked. Everything stopped when the doors open, Sue standing there in Emma's wedding dress, the bouquet in her hands.

Brad abruptly stopped playing, Hunter and Kara throwing their hands over Marina and Arabella's mouths as they began to curse at Sue, wanting to know why she was in the dress that they had made for Emma during the previous year.

Sue smirked, chuckling as she began to walk down the aisle. "Oh, yeah. Nice to see you all." She twirled in the dress, "Hey, what do you think? Nice, huh?" Hunter wrapped his arms around Marina's waist, the girl close enough to strangle Sue. "Thank you for coming." She said to some people.

When Sue arrived at the three closest rows to the stage, she rolled her eyes. "Oh, look, it's all the Glee kids."

When she stood beside Mr. Schue, he spoke. "Sue. What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to stop this from becoming an utter fiasco." She said to Mr. Schue, before turning and facing the crowd. "Emma's left the building."

Marina finally stood, Arabella beside her as they stared at Sue. "Probably because you stole the damn dress, we handmade for her to wear on her wedding day, not you!" Marina growled.

"Oh, no, this is a replica." Sue shrugged carelessly.

"That's even worse." Arabella stated as everyone began to exit the chapel, leaving Mr. Schue and Finn to talk about the occurrence.

Everyone split into different groups, but it was mainly into families: The Schuester's, the Pillsbury's, and the Glee kids. "Shaqueera should go." Sebastian suggested, "She's numb to other's feelings."

"True." People nodded at his words, Santana giving him a glare and going back inside.

"I hope he stays with the reception," Marina muttered, "Not only were we all going to sing but Bobby's getting paid a lot for this."

Santana eventually came back, projecting her voice. "The reception is on! Let's go, everybody!"

They travelled to the reception, people casually sitting as the music began. Marina sat in front of Hunter at the bar, staring down at him. "What do you want?" She asked quietly, already knowing what the others would like.

"Whatever you're having."

Marina smirked, "Good choice." She turned, hopping off the counter and beginning to fix the ten drinks.

Bobby looked to her, "If you're serving everybody you know, you should really have classed this as a family business." Marina laughed, rolling her eyes at her uncle.

She placed a drink in front of Hunter, sitting back on the bar. She gave the other's their drinks, Sebastian and Thad staying at the bar whilst the others went back to their respective tables. "Vodka and whiskey mix. My specialty." She drank her own as Hunter tasted it, nodding in thanks. She quickly served Santana and Quinn, telling them they don't need any ID when she or Bobby's around.

Hunter pulled Marina to the dance floor, the two dancing together with smiles on their faces. Soon enough the others joined them, cheering when Kurt and Blaine stepped up to the microphone. 

"They're still in love." Sebastian noted. They nodded in agreement.

"Of course, they are," Nick stated. He gestured to Jeff, Trent, Thad, and himself, "We watched them fall in love, and it won't ever go away."

After they continued to dance along to Kurt and Blaine singing, Sue stepped up to the microphone. "Today is the day we honour Saint Valentine, a man publicly beheaded for defying his government, by exchanging candies and chocolates to nonsensically render the objects of our affection more fat and less attractive."

Sue then held up Emma's bouquet. "And in other nonsensical traditions, Emma left behind her bouquet as she fled the scene, leaving it to somebody else to toss these soon-to-be-dead flowers under the mythical belief that whoever catches them will magically become the next person to get married, or, more than likely, to sprint from the altar. So, gather round, single ladies, and allow me to be the one to enable your false dreams and ridiculous expectations." The ten all looked to Jamie, who rolled their eyes and trudged to the swarm of single girls trying to catch the flowers.

Sue turned, throwing the bouquet. It was caught by none other than Rachel Berry. "Finn." Arabella predicted, "Like, it basically happened last year."

Hunter paused in alarm, "I'm supposed to be about to sing." He dashed off as the nine moved to stand right in front of the stage, Hunter walking on stage and standing to face the crowd. 

As he began to sing, Marina immediately smiled, Arabella bumping her shoulder into the girl's with a knowing grin. When the chorus arrived, Marina's smile only widened, Sebastian being the one to give her a knowing grin this time. Hunter winked at the girl, smiling.

When he finished, the crowd cheered and applauded loudly, Marina being the loudest. Sebastian and Thad elegantly lifted her onto the stage, the brunette smiling up at her boyfriend. "I don't think I can really upstage that." She stated into the microphone. 

Hunter was back in the crowd, standing in front of Marina as she sang. Her wide smile didn't slip, her eyes locked with Hunter's as she sang. The crowd danced with each other, some clapping along. They all applauded when she finished, Hunter being the loudest. He met her halfway when Marina went to the steps taking her off stage, grabbing her by the waist into a kiss.

"I love you." Hunter stated breathlessly.

Marina smiled, "I love you too."