t e n

Marina clapped her hands, shouting to the group. "So, Clarington thinks you guys need extra help on your moves!" She yelled, pacing.

She stood in front of one of the boys, an eyebrow raised. "Did you keep to the diet and workouts?" She wondered. The boy nodded frantically. "What do you need help on?"

He stumbled over his words. "The one when we all grab each other's ankles and flip over." Marina nodded in understanding.

"Anyone who needs help on that, get over there!" She pointed to an area of the room, multiple boys going over into the area.

She moved to another boy. "What is it you need help on?"

"The backflips and gymnast moves." This one told her.

"I assume that's what the rest of you need help with." She said- they all nodded. "Well, if you guys can do the leg flip show them how it's done!"

The boys got into position, showing off the move to the boys who hadn't yet mastered the move. Marina then got all the boys into the same position, and slowly introduced them to the completed move. Soon enough a few boys were going back to Hunter, having the ability to correctly do the move.

"Now, I don't care if you guys don't have it down yet. We have until thanksgiving; we've just started early." She told them.

"But the gymnast moves will be harder to learn. Flips are hard." She stated, before showing them the moves they would need to learn, "This one will take longer to do, but in the end it's worth it."

It took a lot longer for the boys to get used to this move, but Marina could proudly say two more boys were going back to Hunter. She was about to address the boys once more when her phone rang- it was Blaine.

She held the phone to her ear, "Hey, what's up?"

"I know you don't have to be at McKinley every day but I'm running for Senior class president, so is Brittany, and Jamie is too."

"Jamie's running for Senior class president?" Marina asked, surprised.

"Yeah, Kara's her VP. Sam's mine, and Artie's Brittany's. Come watch the debate?"

Marina glanced at the boys. "Give me fifteen minutes." She dismissed the group, telling them to go back to Hunter before closing the practice room.

Two arms wrapped around the girl's waist. "Where are you going, Princess?" Hunter asked, spinning the girl around in his arms.

Marina pressed her lips to Hunter's. "Just to McKinley. Jamie's running for Senior class president with Kara as her VP." She explained to the boy.

"Need a ride?" He asked. Marina shook her head.

"No, it's okay. Don't you have to do vocal runs with the boys, anyway?" Marina asked knowingly, smiling up at the taller boy. He nodded, caressing her cheek before the pair parted ways, Marina going to her car and beginning the drive to McKinley high.

When she arrived, she made her way to the auditorium, sitting with Arabella and the rest of the New Directions. Jamie, Kara, Sam, Blaine, Brittany, and Artie were all going to be on the stage, the only presidential groups of the 2013 school year.

Sue stood at the microphone. "Attention, miniscule segment of the student body. Principal Figgins is out this week, with what he describes as religious fever. And I am forced to moderate these proceedings. There are two new utterly disheartening wrinkles to this year's absolutely pointless contest. First, the horrifying fact that this year's slate of candidates consists entirely of Glee Club members. And secondly, the inexplicable introduction of a vice presidential field for no discernible reason whatsoever." Sue spoke, reading from cards.

"Separation of powers! Whoo!" Stoner Brett yelled, his arms in the air.

"So, let's meet these second-tiered losers. You know them as the pimp, the gimp, and the other one. Artie Abrams, Sam Evans, and Kara Sanders."

The curtains opened to reveal the three. Sue first looked to Artie. "Stumbles, my first question is for you. Who, in God's name, gives a hot, wet, steamy dump about student government?"

Artie held the microphone to his mouth. "I do. And I think everyone in this room should, too. First of all, student government isn't just a way for us to pad our college resumes. It's a way for us to take an active role in our own education. Study after study shows that an active student body is a successful student body." Artie stated.

Sur looked down at her notes. "Okay, moving on."

But Artie was not finished talking. "Student government is just the beginning. We need more after-school programs, and better-qualified staff to support our teachers, who are overworked and underpaid."

"Oh, dear God." Sue sighed.

"And that's just the beginning. I want to talk about the cafeteria, 'cause I believe at the beginning of every year I test the food to see if it's enough to support our brain activity. That's one of the many goals I promise to reach by the midway point of my first term, as outlined in my 96-point Pierce-Abrams Road map To Restore McKinley's Future." Artie ranted for a while, most people tuning out.

Marina pulled out her phone.

CLARINGTON

MARINA

I wish I stayed at Dalton. This is boring.

CLARINGTON

You should have stayed, but I can at least say I tried to get you to stay.

MARINA

Aww, did you miss me?

CLARINGTON

.... Maybe.

Artie soon enough finished, Sue sighing in relief. "Merciful sweet Jesus, thank you." Sugar was the only one to clap.

Marina leaned into Arabella's side. "Bella, how long will we be here?" The blonde only shrugged, unsure.

"Kara Sanders, your response?"