e i g h t

Hunter twirled a piece of Marina's hair around his finger, grinning lazily. "How much concealer do you even have?" He asked quietly, Marina looked up at him, no sheets between their naked bodies.

She shrugged, moving hair from the boy's face. "I have jeans and turtlenecks." She then paused, looking to the boy's neck. "You're lucky I know where your shirt's collar ends."

Hunter pulled the girl into his side, kissing her softly. She kissed back before a teasing smile came onto her face. "I thought hook-ups don't stay the night."

In the halls of McKinley high, Marina was with Arabella, Jamie, and Kara, the trio telling them it was Britney week for the second time. For them, it was their first since they weren't at McKinley the year they did the first Britney week.

Unique was talking with Marley in the halls, the four overhearing what they were saying. "Boys. Who've you got your eye on?" The four moved closer to Marley and Unique, grinning.

"Jake's kind of cute." Marley shrugged, looking to where the boy was flirting with Tina, who had broken up with Mike over the summer. Marina didn't expect that.

"Oh, honey, no. Bad seed." Jamie shook their head, the four making their presence known.

"He's an artist." Marley responded.

"You mean pick-up artist. Marley, everywhere you go in this school, you see wreckage of girls' hearts who thought the same thing as you." Kara added.

"And he's only been in this school for two weeks!" Marina exclaimed, not believing a boy could do that so fast.

"He's even been known to troll the girls' gym class." Arabella noted.

"Uh-uh. Let me be clear: he's a womanizer." Unique said. Marina knew what was coming and was glad she would be there for some of Britney week.

Unique and Tina led the vocals as the four backed them up at both singing and dancing as the trio followed Jake through the school, watching as he went from girl to girl. Other girls (who had been played by him) joined in with the dancing, all the girls eventually in the gym as they all sang.

Marley stood in front of Jake, looking up at him with doe-like eyes. "We should hang out sometime." Jake suggested.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure." Marley uttered as the boy walked away, Unique, Tina, Marina, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara all giving her unimpressed looks.

"Girl." Unique sighed.

Marina, Arabella, Kara, and Jamie stood in the parking lot, unimpressed. There was a minivan there, Sebastian, Thad, Hunter, Trent, Nick, and Jeff all inside and grinning like children. "Surprise!" Thad yelled from the driver's seat. "I upgraded!"

Jamie gave him an unimpressed look. "Yeah, dude, we can kinda see that."

The four got into the car, Jamie next to Trent, who was ranting about the fact he was taking something around 20 classes, most for people older than they were, Jamie responding with a multitude of websites to help you study.

Beside Thad in the driver's seat was Sebastian, the pair talking about an upcoming game they were going to have in lacrosse. Nick and Jeff sat beside each other too, talking about an upcoming date of theirs. That left Arabella and Kara sitting beside each other, blushing and being hopelessly oblivious of the other's feelings.

Marina and Hunter sat together, a calm silence between them. "Hey, Princess?" Hunter began, an eyebrow raised.

"Hm?" Marina looked up at him curiously.

"I've just realised we hardly know anything about each other." He muttered.

Marina whistled lowly. "You really do want to be friends with us, don't you?" She asked, but they both knew the answer. "What's your favourite colour?" She asked.

Hunter chuckled. "Red. Any shade of red." He looked to Marina, "What about you?"

"Does black count? Like, I know it's a shade but it's my favourite." She grinned.

Hunter nodded. "It counts. When's your birthday?"

"16th August." She responded, "I've just turned 18."

"28th  July." He grinned, "I'm older than you, and I've also just turned 18."

They continued to do this the entire way back to Dalton, finding out multiple things about each other. Marina had found out Hunter's military school was in fact a college, and he forged a diploma to get in when he was 15. Hunter found out about Marina living in England, and her private school life and ignorant parents. He had told marina that his parents were pretty ignorant too, and that's why he was in college at 15 and now in Dalton.

Marina had told Hunter about the slushie incident, and about Karofsky, and how Sebastian wasn't to blame. Hunter didn't blame Sebastian, but when nobody was looking gently held her face, looking at the near-faded scar. "I hadn't even noticed."

Hunter had told Marina about his hate for many foods, laughing whenever Marina pulled a shocked face at a food he didn't like.

When they were all in Dalton, the ten went to Senior Commons. Arabella grinned as they all sat down. "So, it's Britney week, and we talked to Mr. Schue to let us do a performance during the pep rally. Like, us." She said, gesturing to all ten of them.

"Schuester is going to let me do it?" Marina asked, surprised. "Cool. What song?"

"Circus. But we need two more boys." Jamie said to them.

Marina nudged Hunter. "I'll go find two of the Warblers." He spoke. Marina knew that if it was Hunter getting them, he'd tell them not to expose Marina as his co-captain.

"Why do we need two more boys?" Marina asked. 

"You'll see." Kara smirked. Hunter was back soon enough, the three members of New Directions filling the group in on what they were going to do. Marina realised that this would either be loved or hated.