t h i r t y - t h r e e

"Sadie Hawkins?" Marina asked in confusion, looking to Arabella, Jamie, and Kara.

"It's when the girls get to ask people out to the dance." Jamie clarified.

Marina gaped. "More dresses to make?" Her voice was hollow and full of dread.

"You have us." Kara reminded.

"We're going together." Arabella smiled, holding Kara's hand in her own. Jamie shrugged.

"I'm going solo. Or I'll take one of the guys from Glee who may not get invited." They said nonchalantly.

"Oh, I'll just ask Hunter then." Marina said in response, quickly saying goodbye to the girls and going to find Hunter.

He was in his dorm, doing his homework. "Hey," Marina smiled over to the boy, moving to press a kiss to his forehead, "Can we talk or are you too busy?"

Hunter scoffed, all of his attention turning to his girlfriend. "I always have time for you, Princess." He paused, moving his things out of the way so that Marina could place herself on his desk, "So, what's up?"

"McKinley Sadie Hawkins dance. Go with me. I don't want to go with any other boy." Marina responded immediately. "But I can't be bothered to have a dress."

"Anything looks good on you. You don't need a dress." Hunter stated as Marina pulled him up and to her dorm, looking through her closet and pulling out a fancy blood red pantsuit. "Yes." Hunter smirked slowly. "It's beautiful."

"Thanks," Marina smiled. "I hope you have a matching tie. And I know you have a black suit." Hunter nodded in agreement.

"Now come here before I lose you to dress making."

Marina had one of Hunter's oversized hoodies thrown over her head with black skinny jeans and high-top converse as she noted down an array of ideas, shapes, and colours for the girls' dresses. Arabella looked to Marina's exposed neck. "You uh...." The blonde paused, looking nervous, "Were you busy with Hunter last night?"

Marina laughed dryly. "Dalton's giving out more homework and because of this dance we have to do a lot more work than usual." Marina stated, "So, yeah, we were."

The group all pooled into the science room, "I want to sit under Venus." Sugar said excitedly.

"I want to sit under Uranus." Sam then said, Blaine and Tina laughing behind him. Arabella looked at them in confusion before laughing as well. Kara rolled her eyes, pulling Arabella to sit down as Jamie and Marina sat in chairs, the latter chatting with the girls on how they want their dresses to be.

"What's so funny?" Sam asked in confusion.

"So, this week in Glee Club, it's ladies' choice, inspired by the Sadie Hawkins Dance." Finn stated.

Tina raised her hand. "Which I thought of. It was my idea." "Yes, thank you, Tina. And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance." Finn then said. Kara, Arabella, and Marina all looked up at him in surprise.

"Well, I've already asked Hunter and he said yes." Marina shrugged.

"Yeah, and we're going together." Arabella said, gesturing to her and Kara. Finn nodded in understanding.

"Well, I, for one, love this lesson. I've got a song I want to sing to somebody." Kitty smirked from the doorway, her eyes on Jake.

They travelled down to the boys' locker room, everyone sitting besides Marina, Arabella, Kara, Jamie, Tina, and Finn. The four stood at the back, refusing to interact with anything in the room as Tina and Finn stood at the front of the room.

"All right, so Tina is ready to present her solo and make her choice. Gentlemen, prepare yourselves for Tina Cohen-Chang." Finn grinned, gesturing to the girl, and moving to sit down as everybody cheered for the girl.

"Thank you, Finn. For my song, I'll be performing. 'I Don't Know How to Love Him' from Jesus Christ Superstar. It's about the pain of unrequited love and..." Tina introduced, a small smile on her face until Finn cut her off.

"Yeah, okay, just wrap it up. Beiste needs the locker room at 4:30." He said awkwardly.

"Sorry." Tina apologised, pointing to the band. "Hit it."

"Who do you think she's asking?" Sam whispered to Artie. Marina, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara all curiously leaned in to listen.

"The only obvious choice in the room. A charming debonair figure from her past. A forbidden love she let slip through her fingers." Artie responded.

"Unique? Really?" Sam gasped. Artie only gave him a plain look.

"I think it's Artie. I heard they dated." Jamie guessed quietly.

"Well, knowing Sam's accuracy, it's not Unique. Totally could be Sam though." Kara guessed.

"No." The four gasped quietly when they realised who Tina was singing to: Blaine. He smiled innocently, not knowing that she was singing to him romantically. The members of the group all exchanged looks of surprise and horror, not knowing about Tina's crush- it was even more surprising since it was public knowledge Blaine was gay.

When she finished, everyone clapped nervously, faking confidence. "Tina!" Sugar exclaimed nervously with a half-grin, "Tina!"

Tina stepped toward Blaine. "So, Blaine, will you go to the dance with me?"

Blaine leaned forward in surprise; his jaw slacked. "Oh, uh... Wow, um, Tina.... I don't know what to say. Um no. Thank you, but no, no, thank you." Blaine said slowly, in shock as Tina stared at him expectantly.

Saving everyone from an awkward encounter, the door opened, the football team coming into the room. Somehow, it only made everything more awkward.

Brittany secretly gathered the girls from the Glee club, telling them she was going to convince Marley to ask Jake to the dance. When she did her 'magic turn' that made the music begin, the girls slowly joining in on the song, twirling in their outfits (imagining they were blue dresses) and harmonising with Brittany and Marley, who had also imagined being changed into the blue dress.

They strolled into the classroom the boys were in, continuing to dance. When they finished, Marley spoke. "Jake! I mean, I mean Jake, would you like to go to the Sadie Hawkins Dance with me?" Marley asked nervously.

Jake smiled, nodding. "Yes. Yes, I would."

"Okay, uh, anyone else?" Finn questioned to the group.

Brittany moved to be beside Sam, smiling. "Sam, will you go to Sadie Hawkins with me?"

Sam impersonated Yoda. "Honour it would be."

"Thank you." Brittany giggled.