f i f t y - t h r e e

Marina only came back when they were going to be singing using their own instruments. She joined them in the auditorium, grabbing onto some things she could use to make a tune. She grinned as the Warbler boys (Blaine included) really felt in their element, singing loudly and happily.

After that, everyone split, going to classes, or staying around in the hallways. Marina grinned when the lights came back on, having to block her eyes from the sudden blinding light. She cheered alongside the others, happy to see the light once more.

Arabella and Jamie grabbed her and Kara respectively, grins on their faces. "You know a really fitting song for this?" Jamie questioned.

They all nodded, belting out the song and dancing through the halls, collecting everyone and ending up in the choir room. 

When they dramatically finished, Figgins was heard speaking over the pa. "Citizens of McKinley, the power has been restored. Congratulations to all of us for refusing to resort to idol worship and rampant cannibalism. We have discovered that the blackout occurred when a Mylar balloon congratulating my secretary Donna on her successful hysterectomy became trapped in an outlet behind her file cabinet. McKinley Titans, it is a new dawn. Let us welcome a new era of peace and prosperity. Yours truly, Principal Figgins."

Back in the auditorium, Jake was the first to speak. "Okay, let's flip some switches and rock out, please."

Mr. Schue put his hands out, stopping them all. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on, guys. Don't plug back in just yet. There's one more thing this power outage can really drive home for us: The power of singing acapella." Only certain people grinned at Mr. Schue's words.

"I hate whistling." Kitty groaned.

At the reminder of Sectionals, Hunter wrapped his arms around Marina and quietly sang the words to their song from Sectionals, smirking. Marina burst into laughter, shaking her head at her fiancé.

"Nothing but our voices for this next number. No other instruments or bottles or tools or anything. At the end of the day, our voices are the only instruments that truly matter. So, make it count."

When the ten were all back at Dalton, Hunter and Marina lay together, their limbs tied on the bed they were sharing. "You know, Princess, we're gonna have the best wedding anyone has ever seen."

Marina laughed, nodding in agreement. "I know. I also know that I'm gonna enjoy telling everyone that I'm Mrs Marina Clarington."

Hunter hummed happily. "Mr and Mrs Clarington, their two children Isabella and Sebastian, right?"

Marina looked up at him with widened eyes. "Isabella and Sebastian?"

"Yeah," Hunter nodded. "Isabella would be two years older, your brighter green eyes and the colour of my hair. Sebastian, however, would look identical to you. Nothing of me." He smiled softly.

Marina laughed, "I'd like that." She continued, "Once we get married and move to New York we'll start our businesses for around a year and a half before we have Isabella, having Sebastian two years after that. They'll be so into theatre and music that our ears hurt from their excited ramblings. They'd love their aunts and uncles- Kara and Arabella would undoubtedly be married by that point. Probably Nick and Jeff too. Maybe Thad and Sebastian."

Their hands interlocked as their eyes closed on the bed, holding each other close and whispering their futures into their ears. "I love you so damn much." Hunter grinned slowly, pressing continuous kisses to Marina's hair.

"I love you too." Marina grinned with love in her eyes, her lips connecting with Hunter's.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Arabella nervously asked as she, Kara, and Jamie sat at Dalton's sewing room, working on designing and finding the right materials for her dress.

"Of course, she will." Kara said comfortingly, pressing a kiss to Arabella's cheek.

"And our dresses will be a matching dark red with black sashes, right? And the boys, black ties with the red suits?" Jamie clarified.

"And Hunter will have a white suit and black tie." Kara reminded.

The design so far was all white, floor length, and modelled mainly after her junior prom dress. That was the main inspiration for the dress, the trio knowing the girl would love it no matter what it looked like.

They had already designed a lot of things for the wedding, the lack of events boring them so that this had their full attention. "Wait," Kara frowned. "What if we pick the wrong day and someone can't make it?"

"It'll be fine." Jamie shrugged.

"Do you think they'll come?" Arabella asked slowly. They had mailed invites to Mr and Mrs Fowler, demanding that they came to their daughter's wedding. Bobby and Edward had done the same, wanting Marina to be as happy as she could on what would be one of the best days of her life.

"I hope so."