t w e n t y - e i g h t

"Okay, boys, gather round!" Marina yelled loudly in her white shirt and black skirt, tights on her legs and flats on her feet. Hunter stood beside Marina, Sebastian on the other side. "I don't know your set list or most of the choreo, but we're going to win." She grinned.

"And no matter what, we cheer for Bella, Kara, and Jamie." Sebastian added.

"Even if it is with the rest of the New Directions." Hunter nodded.

"Now, get yourselves in the damn van!" Hunter ordered, the boys all rushing into the van and choosing seats. Hunter and Marina sat at the front, a plastic bag between them, their hands laced. Opposite them were Sebastian and Thad, Nick and Jeff behind Marina and Hunter.

"Bobby, drive, and drive quickly." Marina ordered, pointing over to her uncle. She paused, turning to her other uncle. "Uncle Dalton, stop laughing!" The drive was quick and filled with joy, the boys joking around to ease their nerves.

When they arrived, Marina guided them all backstage. "First on!" She breathed out. "God, I hope we win."

Hunter chuckled, ordering a group hug. He held the plastic bag in his hands, pulling out his spare blazer and tie. He slipped the blazer onto the girl, hastily tying up her tie. "Marina?" A chorus of surprised voices came from behind her, the girl turning with a small smile on her face as she looks at the group.

"Hey, guys. Surprise!" She fiddled with the jacket as members of the New Directions stared at her.

"I'm so confused." Arabella looked to Marina.

"Well, when Uncle Dalton heard about Schuester kicking me off the New Directions, he offered me a place as the co-captain of the Warblers." Marina smiled. "I'm not performing, though." She added.

"But you didn't want to know our set list." Blaine noted, "You have honour."

"She has no idea what we're doing, either." Sebastian added with a smirk. Marina nodded.

"Whatever they do, I'm getting totally surprised." Marina grinned slowly.

"Any other secrets?" Kara slowly asked. Sebastian nudged Hunter, coughing loudly.

Marina rolled her eyes at Sebastian as Hunter crossed his arms. "Yeah, whatever Sebby, Hunter and I are dating."

"And you didn't tell me?" Thad screeched at Sebastian; a hand placed over his heart in horror.

"You didn't tell us?" Arabella, Kara, Jamie, Nick, and Jeff all chorused.

"Well, it wasn't originally dating." Hunter smirked down at Marina, who hit his shoulder and rolled her eyes.

"Anyway!" Marina changed the topic, "If you guys lose my Uncle said we can do a Warbler-New Directions super show choir." Nobody said anything else as the announcer began to speak, Marina and the New Directions rushing off to their seats.

"Hey," Hunter called, "Forgetting something?" Marina rushed back to the boy, interlacing their hands, and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Good luck." She whispered. "Make me proud, boys!"

Everyone sat down, Marina turning in her seat to look up to the New Directions. "Not gonna lie, you two are really cute." Arabella smiled. Multiple nodded in agreement.

"A reminder that the American Legion Turkey Shoot begins at 6:00 p. m. So, please, drive carefully. Now, put your hands together for our distinguished panel of judges! Lima News Obituary Editor, Stan Cook! Chief Historian of the Lima Locomotive Museum, Harrison Paolucci! And the 2012. Defiance County Catfish Queen, Allison Metcalf!"