s e v e n

Marina sat in the cafeteria with Jamie, Arabella, Kara, and the rest of the New Directions. Blaine turned to Brittany, attention going onto them. "Brittany, I'm sorry, but I won fair and square. You can't just decide not to sing anymore. We all need your voice." Blaine said to the girl.

She shook her head. "I had a song in my heart, Blaine Warbler, and you killed it." She paused.

"Wait.... Blaine was a Warbler?" Kara asked, Jamie nodding in surprise.

"Yeah, so was Kurt at one point." Marina replied.

"Now I have a dead song in my heart, and pretty soon, the corpse of my dead heart song is going to start to smell." Brittany finished as Kitty came over and sat down beside Marina and Kara.

"Okay, guys. Since we can't do a popularity homecoming float with all white people, I say I think we should do one with all white chrysanthemums." Kitty stated. Tina looked offended, as did Kara.

"That's a good idea." Brittany said.

"We need a float, why don't we all just ride her?" One of the footballers said. The four glared.

"Look at her boobs. It's like two grocery bags full of soup." Sugar said.

"That's really mean." Marley said.

"It's not mean." Marina said to the group. "It's disgusting. This isn't what the New Directions was about." Arabella nodded in agreement.

"What happened to us? Just because we're national champions doesn't mean we're special." Arabella added.

"Excuse me?" Kitty said, her words aimed at Marley.

"You don't know her. You don't know what her life is like." Marley refuted.

Kitty glared. "So? Why do you care?"

"Because she's my mom." Marley immediately responded. Members of the New Directions who hadn't said anything bad but hadn't stopped them either looked at the girl in shock whilst Kitty tried not to laugh. Marley stood. "I thought you guys were different."

The group hatched a plan to apologise to Marley, Sam going first to talk to the girl while the other members of the New Directions secretly stood behind them too. Marina was there as well, as she felt like she had a reason to be there. She had sat with them- she had tried to stop them making fun of the woman.

"Hey, Marley, um, just wanted to apologize for all of us and beg you not to quit. Look, I get you. Like, for instance, I know that that sweater is from Walmart and your mom sewed the J. Crew label into it." Sam stated.

"How do you know that?" Marley asked Sam, shock evident in her voice.

"Because my mom used to do the same thing for me. The best thing about Glee Club is it's not about labels. If you can sing, if you can dance, you belong. And, dude, you can sing." Sam said with a chuckle.

Marley was still unsure. "I don't know. You say that, but the way you were making fun of my mom, something doesn't feel right."

Marley turned, seeing the entire group there. "We came to apologize." Artie stated.

"I think being popular felt a little too good, and we forgot ourselves." Tina said apologetically.

"Well, I didn't. I was always popular, but I do forget to wear underwear sometimes, though." Brittany shrugged, getting looks from multiple people.

"The best part about Glee Club is that everyone gets to be a star. Which is why we're all hoping that you could come to rehearsal with us this afternoon and maybe sing lead vocal on one of the songs we're working on." Blaine smiled, offering the girl to join them at practice. Marina's face fell slightly.

"And if words don't convince you, let the majesty and mystery of Unique's fabulousness be enough! I mean it. Glee Club's a special place. I mean, where else could I dress like this and be welcomed with open arms?" Unique grinned, making their way over to Marley.

"Okay, one last thing. I don't think I'm comfortable sitting with that cheerleader and those guys at lunch." Marley said nervously.

"That won't be a problem. We could handle Gimpy and the Tarantula Head and Richie Poor, because you guys were national champs like us, but our invitation was not extended to pre-op Precious based on the novel Barf by Sapphire and Mike and Molly's daughter as part of our crew." Kitty and the footballers strolled over, speaking harshly to the group.

"You coming, Marina, Kara?" Kitty then asked.

Marina laughed harshly. "I hate cheerleaders." She was sick of their stuck-up attitudes and wanted nothing more than to get out of the outfit.

Kara nodded in agreement. "Sorry, Kitty, but I don't want to be on a team who disrespect our family."

"Well, I guess we're not in your crew anymore." Blaine stated.

"You know, I was kind of hoping you'd say that." The footballers grabbed slushies from behind them, coming toward Marley, Unique, Kara, and Jamie. Marina moved away, remembering what had happened the last time she was near a slushie. The scars had mostly faded over summer, but they were still faintly there.

"And with that, order is restored." The footballer grinned as the four wiped the slush from their face.

"Well, looks like you guys have been officially welcomed to the Glee Club." Artie stated, looking at the two.

"Unique's eyes they are on fire!" Unique stated.

"Let's get you guys cleaned up and go to rehearsal." Blaine took their arms, the group going to help them with that. Marina and Kara split from the group, going to Sue's office.

Marina looked to Sue, "We're quitting." Sue gaped, shocked.

"Why? Warbler, you're the best on the team!" Marina only shrugged.

"I don't like their attitudes." Kara nodded in agreement. They left the office, grabbing their spare clothes and changing into them before going back into the room and handing Sue their old uniforms.

"Come on, you just have to watch." Kara begged as she dragged Marina into the auditorium, the dark-skinned girl going to practice. 

Marina saw Marley backstage, beginning to sing. The brunette gestured for the younger girl to follow her, guiding her to the stage. Blaine saw them, grabbing both girls and dragging them both to centre stage.

Marina tried to push him away, but Blaine didn't let her leave, Arabella, Jamie, and Kara all standing with the girl as she quickly glared at Schuester, mumbling a quick 'I hate you' before the group danced together.

When they all finished, Marina looked nervously to Mr. Schuester, who seemed to be happier with Marley joining the group than Marina being there. She knew he still wouldn't want her in the New Directions.

She still had the Warblers.