f i f t y

It was mandatory that all lockers were searched. Marina frowned when it came to hers. "Hey," She called softly, "That was expensive, so handle it carefully." She said, referring to the sewing machine and array of other equipment. The officer nodded, actually handling it with care. Figgins sighed as he looked into the locker, not surprised at all. He also had to inform the officer about why she had all that in her locker.

When it came to the full body search with a metal detector, she kept the shimmering ring on her left hand. When she realised, she would need to take it off, she scoffed. "You want me to take it off?" The officer nodded. She did as asked but placed it on her middle finger instead of giving it to him, flipping him off and strolling into the school with a smirk. Walls up, trauma heightened.

She would be promptly collecting all of her equipment and leaving it at Dalton, where she would continue to work. Edward Dalton did not want her, any of his students, or even Arabella, Jamie, and Kara to be near that school anymore. No matter what occurred at Regionals, they were giving the place to the New Directions- Marina would focus on her and Hunter's soon-to-be wedding, as well as their New York mansion. Unfortunately, Jamie, Kara, and Arabella had to stay in McKinley.

They all grouped in a small area nobody else was, holding a well-needed Glee club meeting. They knew Marina had to leave- but would still be there whenever they wanted or needed her there. None of them knew they were going to pass on the torch to the New Directions after Regionals. 

"So, when's the big wedding?" Kitty teased.

"Right after Regionals." Marina announced, "And hopefully nobody gets in a car accident this year." Only half of them laughed as Brittany explained Quinn.

"Who'll be there?" Arabella asked softly.

"My uncles, as many people who stepped into this room who can come, Hunter's family to some extent, Sebby's mum, Thad's dad, y'know, the usual." She laughed.

As Regionals was approaching fast, they had to practice- or at least get a theme announced. "Big news, guys. I just got a direct tweet from the Greater Midwest Regional. High School Show Choir Board of Directors." Mr. Schue told them all. "The theme for this year's regionals is..." He left a dramatic pause, Brittany speaking.

"Sweaters."

"...dreams." Mr. Schue revealed.

"Close." Brittany sighed.

"As you know, some of the past judges we've had haven't been that bright, or that sober, so our best bet is to take the dream theme literally. We'll start out with 'Dream Weaver' and then we'll segue into 'Sweet Dreams' and we'll bring it home with 'You Make My Dreams Come True.' Okay." He announced.

Marina stood, enraged, Hunter close behind her. "Suddenly, I hate you again Schuester." Marina stated. "This isn't your team. It's ours. And if you want your little group to actually come to Regionals, I'd advise you to not take control. We agreed on at least one acapella number, and do we get that- no! We'll be discussing this later." Marina said sternly. Schuester only ignoring her, turning to Marley.

"Marley, you're frowning." He noted.

"No. I just don't know any of those songs." Marley lied.

"Well, you'll know them soon enough because we're learning them today." Mr. Schuester said. Marina stood, walked up to the man, and slapped him.

"No." Was all she said.

"You should remember who is double your age." Schuester said.

"You should remember who has enough money to stage your death as an accident." Marina said darkly, perking up as she looked back to the group. "So, Marley, what were you thinking?"

"Maybe... could we try some original songs, like you did two years ago?"

Sam, or his 'twin brother' Evan spoke in agreement. "Yeah, my twin brother Sam told me you guys totally crushed regionals two years ago with those sweet tunes."

"Well, S... um, Evan, that was a different time and a different team." Mr. Schue slowly said from behind Marina.

"Ah yes, ever the Rachel Berry favouritism." Thad noticed, as he was at the Regionals in mention. Trent sassily nodded in agreement.

"Mr. Shue, could we at least talk about the set list? We all disagree." Marley said hopefully. "I mean, when Finn was here, we got to help..."

Mr. Schue turned, "Do I have to remind you guys how lucky we are to even be at regionals? We're there on a technicality, which means there's absolutely no room for even the smallest of mistakes. Trust me."

Hunter stood this time. "That technicality is why we're here. So, really, we can just leave, and you can not go to Regionals?" It seemed as if everyone was against Mr. Schue.

"Anybody else have something they want to say? Great. Brad, warm 'em up." Mr. Schue ordered.

Blaine ordered an emergency meeting at the auditorium. "As honorary Rachel, I would like to convene this secret meeting of the glee club."

"Oh. Sam's sorry he couldn't make it. He said to tell every... Oh. Just got a text. He's here. Oh, hey, Sam. Hey, Evan." Sam as Evan walked off.

"How long are we gonna let him do this?" Blaine questioned.

"Just let it go. It's like waking a sleepwalker. It might kill him."

"Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late. What'd I miss?" Sam, now as himself, questioned.

"What you missed was Mr. Shue's set list. It's gonna lose us regionals." Blaine complained.

"Oh, yeah, Evan was saying something about that." He muttered.

"'Dream Weaver.' Great song, but it's from 1975. 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).' Amazing. Released in 1982. 'You Make My Dreams Come True.' Originally performed in 1981, and then performed again by the glee club in a mash-up that we did last year, which Mr. Shue didn't even remember. He's completely lost touch. We're screwed."

"Can I get a witness? We need to do current songs, and if we do, I know we can win." Artie stated.

"Well, as our opening song I want a duet with Mari." Sebastian ordered. "Smooth criminal- a recreation of last year's masterpiece."

"Yes." Hunter said. One out of three decided.

Marley cleared her throat. "Uh, guys... can I say something? I wrote some songs. What if we performed those?"

Kitty scoffed. "Please. No one wants to hear a song about a fat mom."

Marley continued. "Okay. What about..."

"Or a song about barfing." Kitty added.

"But what about a song..." Marley tried to speak once again.

"Or a song about loving an octoroon." Kitty said dryly.

"All right, all right, all right, let's... let's get serious. We need to start brainstorming. We'll pick a new set list and then we'll break the news to Mr. Shue." Blaine grinned.