Chapter 107

I literally love them all being together at Oakenmore Way it's literally my favourite part of the whole book istg!! :)

Auriga's stomach gurgled as she checked her watch. Three o'clock; she supposed she could allow herself to eat. She silently blessed Molly as she sank her teeth into a pumpkin pasty, savouring every bite. She'd been mostly bored all day, watching the Care of Magical Creatures lessons from afar. Unfortunately she couldn't see the greenhouses from here, as they were all the way around the other side of the castle.

Auriga waited. And she waited. The sun began to set as yet another bell rang out from the castle, and the last lot of students made their way back up. If she wasn't mistaken they'd been studying something in the lake. Maybe the giant squid was on the curriculum now...

She laid out on a damp bench, putting her feet up and staring at the cloud filled sky. The rain had long since stopped, but the air was still wet and cold. Auriga was freezing. She thought about starting a small fire, but it was going dark and she couldn't afford to draw attention to herself. She wondered if Ginny had got her letter. She hadn't thought to ask Sprout how soon it would be.

When it was sufficiently dark, Auriga mounted her broom once more, flying through the air and across the barrier. Instantly the alarms sprang into place, but Auriga disapparated straight away, coming to her feet on Oakenmore Way. She hastily made her way up the lane and through her own wards. She was still damp, and absolutely starving, not to mention the fact that she hadn't been to the loo all day.

She finally reached home and knocked heavily on the door, feeing tired and like she needed a long hot bath. Tonks stood there, wand raised and grinning. "Merlin, you're soaked!" she exclaimed.

Auriga held her arms out, stowing her wand away. "Not a scratch though," she said with a grin. "Treacle Tart," she added, and Tonks pulled her inside, quickly embracing her.

"It's Auriga!" she called over her shoulder. Obviously. Who else would it be?

There was a scuffle from the kitchen that she couldn't see, and Tonks hastily released her. She was whirled round not moments later to have the breath squeezed from her lungs by Remus. "Are you alright?" he asked quickly. "Are you hurt? Were you caught?"

"No," said Auriga. "I'm fine."

"Oh, thank Merlin," he mumbled, before pulling her into a kiss. His fingers intertwined with her hair, and Auriga had to admit, she quite liked it. It was possibly the most passionate he'd ever been, and he pulled her in tighter as she gripped the front of his robes.

"Alright, lovebirds," said Tonks from behind Auriga.

At the same time, Sirius called, "Get a room!" from the kitchen doorway. They broke apart, neither wanting to let go of the other as they looked into each other's eyes.

"You're very soggy," Remus eventually said.

Auriga chuckled. "I might have to go on suicide missions alone more often."

Remus groaned as they made their way into the kitchen, arms around each other. "Please don't," he said, taking a seat at the same time as Tonks. Everyone else was already sat there, waiting expectantly. Molly pushed two plates of pie and vegetables towards Auriga and Remus.

As hungry as she was, she raised her eyebrows at Remus, who ignored her look. Meaning he knew what it was for. "Remus," explained Sirius smugly, "Ever the gentleman, decided he wanted to wait until you got back before he ate."

Auriga nodded, taking a bite of crumbling pastry and smiling. Remus has already begun to blush when she spoke. "And what would you have done if I'd died?"

He promptly chocked on a bit of potato, turning even more read, but crisis was averted when Tonks thumped him roughly on the back. "My dad taught me that one," she said brightly, but Auriga didn't miss the regret in her eyes. She grinned at her, trying to show that she hadn't seen.

"So what happened?" asked Lee, eagerly voicing the question on everyone's mind.

"Oh," said Auriga, putting her fork down. "There's a Caterwauling Charm on Hogsmeade - sets off an alarm. You should tell Pottermore." Lee nodded with a grateful smile.

"Run into any Death Eaters?" asked Fred.

"Nope," said Auriga. "Didn't see a soul except for Sprout. She said she'll get the letter to Ginny." Molly looked visibly relieved. "My biggest problem was how bored I was."

"Oh that wasn't our biggest problem-" said George with a grin.

"Was it Remus?" added Fred. Their parents sent them a glare, which was starkly contradicted by Sirius's grin.

"And what was your biggest problem?" Auriga asked the twins.

"Well," said George.

"You remember the fateful incident with Sirius?" said Fred.

"I want to see my Godson!" mimicked Lee.

"We had the same problem with old Remus," said Fred, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

"She should never have gone alone!" Lee quoted with a grin. Remus was very red in the face, but smiling all the same.

"Where did you have to hide the floo powder, Tonks?" asked George with a grin.

"My underwear drawer," Tonks muttered.

"And only Lee would dare to go in there," said Fred.

"Oh," said Sirius suddenly. "I suppose you can have your wand back now that you're not going to hex us all to try and escape."

He handed Remus his wand back, who muttered something along the lines of, "It wasn't escaping."

But Auriga was howling with laughter, and even Molly couldn't help but chuckle at the recounting of events. Remus, though blushing profusely, wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in close, planting a kiss on her forehead.