Meeting Imane (Pokimane's Story)

I would consider myself a young but a fast growing YouTuber/Streamer. I'm only (Age), a Gamer that posts 3 videos a week, decent at editing and making thumbnails but I've been only doing YouTube for a year and I'm already at 5 Million Subscribers. I don't know how I got there so fast but I guess it's because I make great and entertaining content. I admit, I doubt that I'm that entertaining and that with the help of my group of friends that I make videos with, I was able to get a lot of subs. But still, I have the most subs in the group, so it's probably the other way around and I'm actually entertaining and that I'm the one carrying my friends to success. I'm like the next VanossGaming.

Of course, I do play with other people that help get me a lot of subs like Disguised Toast, Sykkuno, Corpse Husband and JackSepticEye. Playing and streaming with those guys and having their names in the title help me get lots of views and subscribers, so it's probably the reason why I have more subs than my friends. But the only game I play with these four is Valorant.

Anyway, today, I'm not going to record a video or stream, I'm just going chill. I already uploaded two videos early in this week, so I can relax for a couple days. Or so I thought. While I'm scrolling throughout YouTube, thinking about what to watch, I get a discord notification from Sykkuno. I open it up and read it.

Sykkuno: "Hey Y/n, you wanna play Among Us with me, Toast, Corpse and a few of our friends? We're all streaming but there's only 9 of us, we'd like a full lobby before we start playing. Corpse and Toast thought it be a lot of fun if you would join in with us"

Well, there goes my day off. I would say no but I could just get a few hours of footage, edit it tomorrow, post it and won't have to worry about the rest of the week. And plus, Among Us is cool, I would get a lot of views if I post an Among Us video.

You: "Yeah sure, I'll play"

Sykkuno: "Cool! Glad you're in! We'll invite you to our group chat and when you're in, we'll give you the code for the lobby and you can join the call as well"

You: "Alright"

Sykkuno sends me an invite to a discord group chat and when I joined in, I see a bunch of people who I'm not familiar with. The only people I actually know and play with are Corpse, Toast and Sykkuno. I see people I never talk to like Tinakitten, Fuslie, Ludwig, Pokimane, peterpark and Valkyrae. I know of them but I don't know them as a friend. So, I guess it's time to join in. Before I do, I start recording, open up Among Us and join the discord call.

Sykkuno: Oh hey, Y/n's here.

Corspe: Hey Y/n.

You: Hey guys.

Toast: Welcome Y/n, I'll send you the code for the lobby.

Toast sends me the code and I enter it in the bar. I join the lobby and see that it's full of all the people in the call.

Sykkuno: And he's in! Hi Y/n, how are you?

Sykkuno says in his friendly and soothing voice.

You: I'm good Sykkuno, how are you?

Sykkuno: I'm doing great Y/n, thanks for asking.

Pokimane: Woah, it's Y/n.

Sykkuno: You know him Poki?

Pokimane: I mean, I watch his videos. Hi Y/n!

You: Hey.

Well, seems like Pokimane already knows me and watches my stupid videos. I haven't seen her videos though, but I bet she uploads good content.

Valkyrae: Wait, who's Y/n?

Fuslie: Yeah I never played with them.

Corpse: Y/n you wanna introduce yourself?