Scheduling "1/3" (Valkyrae)

(Short Chapter)

(Your POV)

I have two jobs. One at a fast food place and one retail. I'm just a casual fast food worker but at retail, I'm a Manager. I need both jobs to have a steady life. My paychecks from my retail job helps me with rent and paying bills and my fast food paycheck helps me with groceries and my wants.

Right now, I'm at my fast food job and since it's not busy at all, I'm just cleaning the kitchen. While doing my job, my manager, Rachel, leaned out of her office and called for me.

Rachel: Y/n?

I stopped and turned to her.

You: Yeah?

Valkyrae: Can you come in the office please?

You: Okay.

I stopped cleaning and walked inside the office. She sat down on the office chair and I sat down on the chair opposite from her.

You: What's up?

Valkyrae: (Sigh)

She has a serious look on her face and it makes me nervous about what she called me in for.

Valkyrae: Have you been stealing food from us?

You: Huh? N-no! Of course not!

That's not true, I have, a bunch of times. Anytime I had a chance, I would make a small sandwich, wrap it up, put it in my pocket and save it for later. I even wear my jacket so that way I have a lot of space.

Valkyrae: Are you telling the truth?

You: Yes! I am!

Valkyrae: (Sigh)

She lets out another sigh and she looks like she doesn't believe me. I'm getting more nervous.

Valkyrae: Well, I know that's not true.

You: How do you know?

Valkyrae: I saw footage from the security cameras.

Oh shit, I forgot about the cameras. I didn't think about the security cameras when I was grabbing food. I was just think about my hunger. Rachel turned the computer screen towards me and showed me a collection of footage of me making food and putting them in my jacket pocket.

Valkyrae: These are most of the footage we have of you making food, wrapping them up and slipping it in your jacket pocket.

You: Oh...

Valkyrae: Should I play them all if you're still in denial?

You: No! No need to do that!

Valkyrae: So, do you admit that you did steal?

You: (Sigh) Yeah...

Valkyrae: Hmph, thought so.

She turned the screen back and looks at me with a disappointing look. I'm just sitting there, scared about what's going to happen now. I know she won't let this go and she's going to tell the other managers around here.

Valkyrae: You know you're not supposed to take food.

You: I know, but here's my excuse! Food that I would take would be 5 minutes pass the throw out time!

This is true. I don't steal fresh food, I steal them when we're still serving them and they're minutes pass the throw out time.

Valkyrae: Still though, you can't take food without paying for it.

You: I'm sorry, I'm just really hungry when I get to work.

Valkyrae: We all are, Y/n, but we still pay for the food.