Popular (Valkyrae)

(Your POV)
(8th Grade)

Today is the last day of 8th grade. Once summer ends, I'm going into High School. I'm excited to just chill all summer, play video games and snack a lot. But, I also want to enjoy it with someone I like.

I'll get straight to the point, I have a crush on a girl named Rachel, or Rae for short. She's the most popular girl in school and she's the most prettiest one as well. I told my mom about her and how she's the one and she helped me get flowers and chocolate for when I ask her out.

I got to say, I think I'm a good looking guy with a great personality. Even my mom says I'm her handsome boy, so there's no way she can say no to me. I'm sure I'll leave with her as my girlfriend. Right now, everyone is partying in the cafeteria. Every year, the school gives us a party on the last day. I'm going to ask Rae out during the party. I'll have the flowers and chocolate in my hands ready so that it's extra special.

I get the flowers and chocolate and head to the cafeteria where everyone is at. I know where Rae is at, her and her friends hang out in the same spot as always. I go up to their spot and see her, having a great time with her friends and laughing. She's so pretty, if looks could kill, she'd be a murderer.

I'm getting ready and hyping myself up.

You: (Deep breath) Come on me, you can do this. She won't say no to your stunning looks and awesome personality. Your mom said it herself.

Here goes...

I walk up to Rae and when she notices me, she looks at me with the stuff in my hands. I see her whispering something to her friends and they all turn to see me. I think she just said to them something like "That boy is the one I like!" Or something like that. Her friends then whisper something back as I'm heading up to her.

I go up to her and she has a confused expression on her face.

You: H-Hi Rae.

Valkyrae: Um... Hi...

You: (Gulp)

I try hand her the flowers and chocolate but she doesn't take them from me. I still proceed with the confession.

You: I like you Rae and I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend.

Immediately her face expression changed and she looks shocked. I think I really surprised her and I'm confident she'll say yes. She then takes the flowers and the chocolate, sets them on the table and stands up, getting close to my face. Now I'm 100% sure she'll say yes.

Valkyrae: Y/n... That's so sweet of you...

Her face gets closer to mine and I see her close her eyes. Is this it? Am I gonna get my first kiss from my crush? I close my eyes fully and slowly lean in closer to Rae. I wait for our lips to touch, but instead I get a bunch of spit, followed up by laughter from Rae and her friends.

Valkyrae: Pffftttt!!! Hahaha!!! I can't!

Her friends: (Laughs)

You: Ew!

I wipe my face from her spit and look back at them. They're all laughing at me.

You: Wh-what's so funny?!

Valkyrae: Haha! You really think I would date you?!

You: Well, yeah, I thought that we would be a perfect couple.

Valkyrae: A perfect couple? Seriously?!

She looks back at her friends and say,

Valkyrae: Did you hear this loser?!