Hanging Out with Imane (Pokimane's Story)

(Your POV)

Today's my date with Poki, and to be honest, I'm kind of nervous. This is not only my first time meeting Poki in person, but my first date ever in my life AND she's my first girlfriend too. I'm afraid I might leave a bad impression of myself after our date and she won't like me anymore.

It was kind of a bad idea to go on a date with her as boyfriend and girlfriend. I feel like we're jumping too fast but I hope this date isn't awkward at all. I might be a really chill and social guy online, but I'm an introvert in person. As long as I act the way I do when I'm online, then it shouldn't be awkward. I just can't be too much of a dick to her.

Anyway, it's 10:00am and I'm parked outside of Poki's house. Today, we're going to get breakfast and then go to a mall. This date should be simple if it goes well. Hopefully it does.

I text Poki that I'm parked right outside her house and after a couple minutes, I see her come out. Since my car is parked in front of her property and it's on, she was able to notice me quickly. She walked over my car, opened the passenger door and got inside.

You: Hey Poki!

Pokimane: Oh my god, hi~

Before Poki put her seatbelt on, we both reached towards each other with arms out and hugged. After that, she then put her seatbelt back on and we looked at each other for a bit.

You: Wow Poki, you look better in person.

Pokimane: Aww~ I was thinking the same thing with you. You actually look a lot more different to be honest, like more normal.

You: It's kind of weird. When I show my face on camera, people think that's how I really look and then when people see me in person, they're like "Oh shit, you look normal" or something like that and I hate it.

Pokimane: I do too, the way camera's are, it makes my face flipped or something. But when I look in the mirror, I look just fine.

You: Yeah, camera's aren't like mirrors. They show you how people see you and it just takes a while for you to get used to it.

Pokimane: I know. But still, you look great.

You: You do too. Should we go ahead and get breakfast?

Pokimane: Yes please, I'm hungry!

You: Alrighty.

I put my car in Drive and I head to the restaurant Poki wanted to go to for breakfast. I got to try and be as neat as possible when I eat, I can't eat sloppy in front of Poki or else she'll be grossed out.

(Timeskip)

We've arrived at the restaurant. We already got seated, got our drinks and order taken. We're just sitting and waiting for our food to arrive. As Poki is on her phone doing something, I'm having a hard time thinking of a conversation starter.

You: So...

After I said that, Poki looks away from her phone and up at me.

You: Um...

Pokimane: Yes?

You: You uh.... You like stuff?

Pokimane: Um... Yeah, I like a lot of things.

You: Oh, me too...

I nod my head as I say that but after I that, I don't say anything else, just stare at Poki.

You: Um...

Pokimane: Well, I can tell you don't hang out with girls often.

You: (Sigh) I'm sorry. I'm awkward in person.