Homecoming (Pokimane)

(Your POV)

I'm a senior this year and this Saturday is Homecoming. I never went to any special events at school, and I wanted to make my last year of high school the best year ever. So, for ever special event that happens, I'm taking part of it. But the problem is, I don't have a date to Homecoming. I was thinking, instead of having a date to Homecoming, maybe I could go to Homecoming with my friends.

It's lunch time and I'm sitting at the lunch table with my group of friends. They're talking about Homecoming and I think they're thinking of the same thing as I'm thinking; going to Homecoming with the bros.

You: Y'all talking about Homecoming?

Friend 1: Yeah, we're all gonna go.

You: Can I go and hang out with you guys?

Friend 1: Um... We're not hanging out together.

Friend 2: We all have dates.

You: Oh what?!

Friend 1: Yeah, sorry.

Friend 3: Don't you have a date for Homecoming?

You: No, I don't.

Friend 3: Ha! Loser!

You: Shut up.

Friend 2: Come on dude, how do you not have a date?

Friend 1: Yeah, you had since Freshman year to find someone special but nothing yet?

You: Well, I'm still working on it.

Friends 1: Geez, you're lame.

You: (Sigh) I know...

I lean back on my chair, sad that I won't be going to Homecoming. There goes my plans on trying to go to every special event this year.

Friend 1: Well, I gotta go, my girlfriend needs me right now.

Friend 2: Yeah, I'm out too. I need my girlfriend.

Friend 3: Then I'm going to my girlfriend too. Y/n, maybe you should go to yours too- Oh wait no, you don't have one. I forgot.

He said that in a mocking tone, which pisses me off.

You: Shut up.

Friend 3: I'm just messing bro. I'm sorry.

My friends stand up, put their backpacks on and left the table.

Friend 1: Later Y/n

Friend 2: Peace out man

Friend 3: Catch ya later, baby.

You: Bye guys.

Now, I'm by myself, sad that I can't go to Homecoming. I don't have a date to go with nor do I have friends to go with.

You: (Sigh) I suck...

I'm disappointed in myself. I really couldn't find someone special to me, I had Freshman year to find that someone. I'm lame for not putting myself out there more and talk to more girls. I've just been hanging out with the boys and I only have a small amount of friends who are girls. But I'm sure none of them would go to Homecoming with me since I'm not close with any of my lady friends.

???: Hi Y/n!

You: Huh?

Well, none of them but one. I look up to see who called my name and saw that it was one of my lady friends who I play games with.

You: Oh, hey Imane.

Pokimane: Mind if I sit with you?

You: Not at all.