Bet "1/3" (Ariasaki)

(Your POV)

I'm in class right now, sitting at my desk. Class just started and the teacher hasn't entered the classroom yet, so the classroom is filled with chatter as we all wait for the teacher to enter the class. We have a test today, and I'm prepared for it, but I look over my notes one more time to refresh my brain.

While I'm looking through my notes, Aria, who's my partner that is sitting next to me and who's also one of my good friends, nudges me. I avert my eyes to her and she points at my notebook.

Aria: You studying at the last minute?

You: Not really, I'm just refreshing what I went over last night.

Aria: Oh.

I close my notebook, put it in my backpack and face Aria. We both exchanged a smile, as we do a lot when we look at each other. Aria leans on her hand as we start talking.

Aria: So, you think you're gonna get a good score?

You: Oh, I know I'm gonna get a good score.

Aria: Same, I'm gonna get a 100%

You: Weird, because I'm gonna get a 100% too

Aria: Pfft! Haha! You? Getting 100%?!

Aria laughs at me, doubting that I could get 100% on the test.

You: What? I've gotten 100% a lot!

Aria: Really?

You: Well... No, but I will on this test!

Aria: I think you're just gonna get around 80%-90% like you usually do.

You: Oh yeah? Well watch, I'm gonna get 100%.

Aria: Uh huh. Okay then.

You: And if I do, you owe me $100 for doubting me.

Aria: Woah~ We betting on this?!

You: Yeah! We are!

Aria: Oh, okay then... So, if you get 100%, then I'll give you $100.

You: Yup!

Aria: So then, what do I get if you don't get 100%

You: I don't know, because that won't be true. I KNOW I'm going to get 100%

Aria: Alright, well, if somehow you don't get 100%, then you owe me something. I don't know what it'll be but I'll think of something and you give it to me. And I'll make sure it won't be big too, like a new phone or a whole computer, you'll just owe me something that you can give me for sure.

You: Okay! Let's shake on it.

I offered a handshake to Aria and she grabbed it. We both shook hands, sealing the bet so that whoever wins will for sure get what they want. I'm 100% sure I can get 100% score on this test, so I'm 100% positive I'll win this bet and get $100. After that, the teacher finally came in and officially started the class.

(A few days later)

It's been a few days since we took the test and today is when we get back our tests with our test scores. The teacher handed back everyone their tests and once he gave me and Aria our tests, I kept mine face down and didn't look at it because I wanted to see what Aria got first.

You: What'd you get?

Aria: The usual!

Aria showed me her score. It was a 100%. A big A+ on it.

Aria: 100%!

You: Nice! You got a 100% streak going! Last year, you didn't try as hard and were satisfied with a C-.