Stay Home (Valkyrae)

(Your POV)
(Monday)

I'm spending this whole week with my wonderful girlfriend, Rachel. Her roommates let me spend a week with Rachel and stay in their big house, but just for this week though. Rachel and her roommates are big streamers and they have encouraged me to become a streamer myself. They all promised that if I get myself a PC, they'll play with me and invite me to their group.

I've been working a lot to save up for my PC. I have 3 jobs at the moment, and I've been trying my best to take a lot of shifts and see if I can hit overtime in at least one of my jobs every week. I would work at least 2 jobs a day and if I get called in, it would be all 3 a day. By doing this, I get so tired and I wouldn't be able to spend time with my girlfriend. She would text me a lot and would have to wait a long time for a response.

This whole week, I wasn't put on the schedule for any of my jobs. I requested to be taken off the schedule for all of my jobs, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to get called in. And even though I requested a week off to hang out with Rachel, I won't deny any calls and will take shifts.

As of right now, me and Rachel are in the living room. It's the morning and we're snuggled up together, watching our favorite TV show, eating some snacks together.

Valkyrae: I'm so glad we get to spend time together again.

You: Yeah, especially since we're both busy. You got Streaming and YouTube and I got 3 jobs.

Valkyrae: Pretty soon you'll be quitting those jobs when you get a PC and become a streamer too, right?

You: Well, maybe not all 3. I'll keep one job that pays better than the other two, so just in case streaming doesn't work out for me, I still have a way to make money.

Valkyrae: Trust me, you'll enjoy streaming. And since you'll be playing with me and the group, you'll be able to get famous fast.

You: I hope so.

Valkyrae: I know you will.

Valkyrae and I looked at each other and kissed. We smiled at each other and suddenly, my phone started to ring.

(Ring!)

It both surprised us and I looked at the caller ID. It's my first job calling me.

Valkyrae: Oh? What do they want?

You: Probably to cover a shift.

Valkyrae: But didn't you ask to be taken off the schedule this week? They shouldn't be calling you.

You: Not exactly. They can fulfill my request on taking time off but I could still get calls from them.

Valkyrae: Oh, but you're not gonna answer, right?

You: (Sigh) Sadly, I have to. If it's a shift they want me to cover, then I'm taking it. I need the money the for the PC I want.

Valkyrae: Oh...

You: Excuse me.

I get up from the couch and answer the phone. It seems like someone called in sick and they need someone to come in right now. The shift is until 5:00pm. I accepted to cover the shift and they thanked me. I hung up and went back to Rachel.

Valkyrae: So? You going to join me back on the couch?

She gave me a smile and patted the couch, telling me to sit down next to her. I went up to her and kissed her forehead.

You: I gotta go to work.

Valkyrae: Aww~ Seriously?

Valkyrae's smile turned into a frown and I feel bad.