Better Than Her (xChocoBars)

(Janet's POV)

You: She's just my boss!

Valkyrae: So?! I bet you're hitting on her and shit!!!

You: I literally showed you our texts! We're just talking about covering shifts and stuff!!!

Valkyrae: How do I know you're not using code words, huh?!?!?! How do I know "We need to cover a shift" doesn't mean "Let's get under the covers"?!?!?!

You: What?!?! Are you stupid?!?!

Valkyrae: No I'm not stupid!!!

You: Nah bro!!! You're dumb as fuck if you think I'm really cheating on you!!!

Valkyrae: FUCK YOU!!!

(Smack!)

You: Ow!!!

Valkyrae: Get out NOW!!!

You: Tch! Whatever...

(Slam!)

Jesus, they do this every time he comes over. Rae invites her boyfriend, Y/n, over to our house and at first, they seem so wholesome together but at the end of the day, Y/n leaves because of a stupid fight, which is mostly caused by Rae.

Even though I'm her roommate and I should stick next to her side, it's always her fault for the fights. I'm pretty sure the other girls hear their fights too and they'll agree with me that Rae is the one that causes the arguments.

I honestly like Y/n a lot. And not like, like him, but like-like him. In other words, I have a crush on him, even though he's dating Rae. Without Rae around, he's so sweet, funny, adorable sometimes, I just love being around him. It's that when he's being treated like how Rae treats him, he can't control his rage and goes off. And I know the next day, he'll apologize for causing the argument even though Rae caused it and he was just trying to vibe with her.

You: (Sigh) shit...

I hear him pass my bedroom door. I feel so bad for him. If I was Rae, I would treat him like a king, because I know he treats Rae like a queen when she's not pissing him off. Before he leaves, I immediately get up and opened my door.

Janet: Hey Y/n?

You: Yeah?

He turns around and I see him rubbing his cheek. It's pretty red and I'm surprised by it.

Janet: Woah, what happened to your cheek? It's so red.

You: Rae slapped me.

Janet: What? Seriously?

You: Yeah...

Janet: Geez, why do you just take it?

You: Well, I can't hit a girl back.

Janet: No, I mean, why can't you just tell her to back off and stuff?

You: Um... I don't know, I kind of deserve it I guess. I called her dumb as fuck.

Janet: (Sigh) You still don't deserve a slap to the face by your own girlfriend...

You:...

Janet: Come inside. Let's talk.

I offered Y/n to come in my room, so we can chat and he went inside. I closed the door behind us and we both sat on my bed.

You: (Sigh)

Janet: Why do you let Rae do this to you?

You: Slap me? She does more than just slap me when I piss her off, sometimes she punches me, kicks me-