Yanderae (Valkyrae)

(Your POV)

We were all given simple tasks. Land in The Polus, fix stuff and report back to Headquarters. That's it. Nice and simple. We all landed, did our keys and exited The Skeld. Right away my co-worker, Pokimane, comes up to me and grabs my hand.

Pokimane: Hi!

You: Oh hey!

Pokimane is not only my co-worker, but also my best friend. We've been friends since middle school and we both applied for this job after college.

Pokimane: Before we do our tasks, is it okay if I talk to you?

You: About what?

Pokimane: Um...

Pokimane looks around the field and everyone is moving around. People going into Storage, going into Medbay, going into Electrical and I could tell Poki didn't want to talk about it here.

Pokimane: Let's actually talk somewhere private.

You: Okay.

Pokimane: Do you know where we could go? Because I don't.

You: Um...

I think for a bit on where we could go to talk privately. We could go into Security or Specimen, but people could walk there anytime. But then I remembered somewhere that's pretty quiet.

You: We could go into Admin. There's a bookshelf we could go behind and talk alone. I'm sure no one will see us.

Pokimane: Alright! Sounds good! Let's go!

We both make our way to Admin and when we do, we go behind the bookshelves.

You: So, what's up?

Pokimane: Um...

Now that we're here, I see that she's blushing a little bit and twiddling her thumbs. I can tell that she's nervous to say what she wanted to talk about and I probably know what she wants to ask but after a bit of silence, she finally speaks.

Pokimane: So...

You: So...

Pokimane: I've been thinking...

You: Uh huh?

Pokimane: And maybe...

You: Maybe?

Pokimane: You know.... We could...

You: We could?

Pokimane: Um... W-we co-could...

She's starting to stutter and she's getting more nervous about saying it. She closes her eyes, takes a couple deep breaths I'm and out and then looks back at me.

Pokimane: Maybe we could go on a date this weekend?

We both stare at each other in silence. I knew it, I knew she wanted to go on a date. She's been hinting this stuff for quite a bit, I was just waiting until she was going to man up and ask. I smile at her, and immediately she smiles back.

Pokimane: That smile makes me think that's a yes?

You: Haha, yup!

Pokimane: (Giggles) Thank you!

She was going to go up and hug me but immediately, I see something I never wanted to see in my life. My best friends head got sliced off and fell on the ground, along with her body.

You: What the...

My eyes widen at her body, but then I see the killers weapon drop to the ground, making me look up to see who killed her.