Scent (Fuslie)

(Your POV)

You: Gosh damn darn dang it...

I'm about to head out to the store and maybe get me and Leslie something to eat for lunch, but as I'm getting ready and in search for a jacket, I see that in my closet I have no more jackets or hoodies. And there is a reason why my closet is empty. It's because Leslie keeps taking them.

Over the past month, I've been heading out of the house with a jacket or a hoodie on and right after I get back and take it off, Leslie snatches it from me and brings it to her room. I didn't mind it at first, because I know she likes my jackets and hoodies, but as she continues to snatch them from me and shorten my closet, I get a bit more annoyed.

You: (Sigh) Leslie!

I yell as I exit my room and go into hers. When I enter inside, I see all my jackets and hoodies on her bed. She's currently holding one of them right now as she's watching TV.

Leslie: What's up baby?

You: Can you give me one of my jackets?

Leslie: Um... Why?

You: Because they're mine and I would like to use one of them when I head out.

Leslie: Well, what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine.

You: (Sigh) Will you at least just give me one of my jackets please?

Leslie: Yeah, hold on.

Leslie grabs one of my jackets and holds it up to her nose. She starts smelling it and after a bit, she puts it down, grabs another one and smells it again. I'm confused on why she's smelling my jackets and hoodies and ask her why she's doing it, but she just ignores me and continues.

After she's done smelling all my jackets and hoodies, she grabs one of my hoodies and tosses it to me.

Leslie: You can have this one for a couple days.

You: Um... Thanks but, why did you have to smell them all before you could give one to me.

Leslie: Well, I was seeing which one lost your scent. The hoodie I gave you lost your scent and so you can wear it for a couple days but after a couple days, give it back to me and I'll give you another one.

You: Oh...

Leslie: Yeah, once that hoodie has your scent back, I'll take it.

I don't know how to react to that. Instead, I just turn around and leave her room while I put on my hoodie. I get my keys, leave the house and drive to the store.

You: I have a weird girlfriend...

(A couple days later)

I was out with a few of my friends for some hours and now I arrived back home. When I entered in the house, I make sure to call out to Leslie that I'm home like I always do.

You: Honey, I'm home!

I took off my shoes and shut the door behind me, locking it. Once I did, I hear Leslie running down the stairs. I walk towards the stairs and when she's at the bottom of the stairs, she jumps to me and hugs me.

Leslie: I missed you!

You: Haha, I missed you too!

As we hold each other, we give each other a bunch of kisses. I set her down once we were done and we both looked at each other.

You: Did you eat while I was gone?

Leslie: Yup! I used UberEats!

You: Good, we don't need to cook anything for dinner.