Chapter Forty Four

As usual in the beginning of a day, the Palace was usually quiet and peaceful. No servants rushing around and no guards patrolling around, although there were still a few around the area. Sen was making his way to the outside to do some morning meditation, he usually started his day with peace in his heart and meditation was mostly for that. He was about to pass the lounge when he stopped in his tracks and immediately backtracked, he looked to his left and saw Zuko sitting behind mountain upon mountain of paperwork. The white haired airbender quirked an eyebrow at this, he knew the duty of being Fire lord was not an easy task and that was a reason why he was around.

He slowly entered the lounge and made sure not to alarm the young Fire lord, he stopped a few feet in front of the small table where Zuko was sitting in a lotus position doing the signing.

The white haired airbender cleared his throat. Zuko looked up and stopped what he was doing.

"Oh, hi Sen". Zuko greeted with a yawn,"What are you doing up this early?".

"I could ask you the same".

"The Firelord's duties are never done". Zuko said,"I had to carefully get out of bed so Mai wouldn't wake up".

"You know, the Liaison of the Fire Nation exists to alleviate some of the stress off the Firelord's shoulders". Sen said giving a smirk.

"Trust me, I don't want you getting stuck with this". Zuko said before letting out another yawn.

"Oh, come on". Sen smiled,"I usually did paperwork on a daily basis for Sozin, Azulon and Ozai. However, I only did it for a short time with Ozai".

Zuko merely only sighed.

Sen shook his head with a smile before taking a lotus position next to the Fire lord. He eyed the mountain of paperwork for a minute before picking up a pile and flipping through them.

"So, what are we working with here?". He asked.

"Everything". Zuko murmured.

"Oh".

Without hesitation, they both returned to work on the papers that were behind schedule and deadline.

"Looks like one of your loyal subjects requests for a recreational area". Sen said.

"Like what?".

"Apparently a park of some sorts". Sen said,"The children of the nation are playing in some dangerous areas and he thinks establishing a safer place for them will be good".

"I'll look into it". Zuko said,"Just sign and stamp it".

Then they went back to work.

................................................

Later that morning as the sun was finally rising to the sky, Aang was strolling through the halls after finishing his breakfast and decided that it was a good idea to go flying with Appa around the Capitol. Just then, he noticed a servant rush past him and he stopped in his tracks to watch where she was going, she was headed for the lounge in a hurry.

"That was weird". Aang said to himself.

He then headed for the lounge. Once he reached the entrance and looked to his left he saw the servant put a tray of tea and snacks on the table, upon closer inspection he saw Zuko and Sen surrounded by mountains of paperwork and his eyes almost popped out by the amount of workload.

"What are you guys doing?". The Avatar asked as he walked in.

"Oh, hey". Sen looked up with a smile,"We're just catching up on some work that we're behind on".