Chapter Forty Eight

"Oh! Finally!".

Those were the first words uttered as the Southern Water Tribe came into view, by Sokka obviously. The rest of the Gaang appeared at the rails of the ship and looked ahead, they all smiled when they saw the white patch of snow getting larger in the distance. Momo didn't have time to waste as he flew off ahead of the ship toward the village, everyone was happy to see the lemur up and moving again.

"Hey, Katara. Wanna come?". Aang asked as he headed for Appa.

The Water tribe girl smiled before running after her soulmate, Aang jumped onto the bison before helping his girlfriend up.

"Anyone else wanna come too?". He asked the rest of the group to which he only received stares,"Okay, then".

"See you guys on land". Katara waved before Appa launched himself into the air.

"I can't wait to reach home. It's been awhile". Sokka smiled broadly.

Suki sighed contently before leaning into his shoulder.

                 ...........................................

Once the ship arrived at the docks, Sen looked at the walls that surrounded the large city with shock and awe written all over his face. Sokka bumped him against the shoulder and gestured him to come along, the white haired airbender stared a bit before following the Water tribe warrior. Zuko was walking in front with Mai as they were leading the group, as they looked up they saw the whole community standing in the distance watching the whole scene. Chief Hakoda was standing in front with Bato, Katara and Aang with smiles. It was a good gesture but four years wasn't still enough to extinguish the uneasiness the South Pole still felt toward the Fire Nation and the two royals obviously noticed.

"Fire lord Zuko, an honor as usual". Hakoda bowed with a smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, Chief Hakoda". Zuko returned the bow.

After everyone was done with the greetings, then the community noticed the white haired airbender approaching from behind.

"Isn't that him?". One of the people asked from the crowd.

"Yes, it's him".

"Wasn't he the surviving airbender?".

"I wouldn't be surprised if he betrayed his own people to survive. It would make sense judging by how long he lived with the royal family". Another said.

"Didn't he send the Southern Raiders to wipe our water benders out?".

Sen sighed. He knew this was bound to happen, then he felt a hand hold onto his and he slowly looked down and locked eyes with his wife who looked concerned for him. The Gaang wasn't blind to the uneasiness Sen brought with him as well, they all heard what they were all talking about.

"I apologize for any tension that may have presented itself, Firelord Zuko and Master Sen". Bato spoke up after a minute.

"No need for apologies". Zuko smiled.

"I'm used to it by now". Sen smiled as well.

"Shall we?". Hakoda asked and they all nodded.

                 .........................................

Ursa was busy making tea in the master kitchen with the servants watching her with apprehension written all over their faces, they told her that they would prepare the tea for her but she waved them off saying that she could do it herself. The reason why the servants were nervous was because it was not allowed for the royal family members to be doing any menial tasks, plus they were afraid what Azula might do to them if she ever found out.