Chapter Fourteen

It was good seeing Aang firebend when he was practising with Zuko that day, they had decided to stay at Zuko's family beach house. Sen was meditating under the shade as the two boys practised their firebending. After they finished practising, Zuko sat down by the fountain while drying his sweat drenched head with his towel.

"Guys!". Sokka said,"Check this out!".

He held out a poster and showed it to everyone. Aang and Suki took a closer look and looked at each other.

"Sokka, we don't need to see this nonsense". Katara said.

"This is the right amount of nonsense entertainment that we need". He said.

"I already saw a play like that". Zuko said,"Love amongst the dragons, my mother took Azula and I to go see it once. It was horrible".

"So, we agree. We're going". Sokka said,"Sen, you in?".

"Well, I've already seen a few horrible plays with the Royal Family before". Sen said with closed eyes,"I guess seeing one more wouldn't hurt".

Sokka smiled,"Yes!".

              ...............................

That night, they all decided to go to the play. Sen decided to wear Fire Nation clothes along with a cloak, he needed it to hide his face in case someone recognised him. They went inside and took their places, Aang wanted to sit next to Katara but Zuko beat him to the punch. Sen sat on the seat that was a bit higher, he sat next to Sokka and Suki.

Then an actor appeared on stage with white hair and a white beard.

"I am Firelord Sozin and I have eliminated all the airbenders". The actor said.

Sen sagged in his seat,"Oh, here we go again".

             ..................................

After hours of scenes, Sen was already getting drowsy but he appreciated the look of the actor that played him. He got everything right about him, even the white hair. Then the scene of him sitting under a tree with Ursa came on and he slightly perked up.

"Sen, I know we are just friends but I feel like I've known you since forever". The Ursa actress said.

"I feel the same way, Ursa". The Sen actor said,"I feel like our relationship is beyond friendship".

"Really?". The Ursa actress said.

The Sen actor nodded and they kissed each other at that moment. Sen paled at that, he knew that he and Ursa only had a platonic relationship.

Everyone looked at Sen and the airbender sagged in his seat again.

"You told my mom that?". Zuko asked.

"I might as well have". Sen said.

Everyone returned to watching the play after that.

               ...........................

They took a break and sat on the steps outside of the theater.

"I can't believe you and my mom were together?". Zuko said.

"For the fourteenth time, your mom and I never dated. She was just a good friend". Sen said with a sigh.

"They made me a woman". Aang said.

"Actually, they nailed it pretty well". Toph said,"You're more in touch with your feminine side".

              ..............................

The second part started and Sen immediately realized just how much he had missed during their adventures. Them meeting Toph, facing Azula for the first time and evading danger in every corner.

"Man, you guys went through a lot". Sen said.

Then the death scene of Jet came up.

"Did Jet just die?". Zuko asked.

"You know, it never was clear". Sokka said.

"How can it not be clear? He just got buried under a rock". Sen said pointing toward the stage.

"Ssshhh!". Suki shushed.

              ............................

Once again, they all took a break after another segment ended. Suki and Sokka went off to find the guy that played Sokka on stage. Katara went looking for Aang, Zuko and Toph remained behind. Sen went for a bathroom break.

               ..............................

They came back again and they took their places again. Sen next to Sokka and Suki again, then Aang appeared and sat next to Sen. The Avatar sagged in his seat and looked like he was in a bad mood, Sen took notice of this.

"You alright?". Sen asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay". Aang replied.

Sen turned to watch the play.

"You kissed her, didn't you?". Sen asked without looking at him.

"What?". Aang asked.

"Don't try to hide it. Its that obvious to me". Sen said,"I can see the chemistry between you and Katara".

"She doesn't seem to like me back". Aang said,"She said that we were in the middle of a war and that she was confused about her feelings".

"The best thing you can do now is to give her time". Sen said.

"You see you are too late. The comet is already here and I'm unstoppable". The Ozai actor said.

Aang looked at the actor in worry.

Then the battle between the Zuko actor and Azula actress began, then at the end Zuko was defeated and burned alive.

Zuko watched in shock at that.

"That was unfortunate". Sen whispered.

Then the Ozai actor and the Aang actress started their fight and it was well choreographed by the directors, Sen loved their movements. Then his smile faded when he saw the Aang actress get defeated.

"Father, we are victorious". The Azula actress said,"You can now rule the world".

The Ozai actor smirked,"Yes. The world is finally mine".

Then the Gaang watched the ending with shocked and disturbed expressions on their faces.

"So, that's how it will end?". Sen said,"Aang dies, Zuko dies. I don't even know where Toph, Sokka and Katara were in that sequence".

"Probably dead too". Toph said.

"It was just a play, guys". Suki said,"It won't happen in reality".

Then they all got up to leave.

             ..................................

"That play was awful". Zuko said.

"Terrible". Aang said.

"Horrible". Katara said.

"You said it". Toph said.

"But the effects were good". Sokka pitched in one good thing.

"Yeah, I can agree on that". Sen said,"I also loved their choreographed fight sequences".

"Well, I guess it wasn't a total bust". Toph said.

They headed for their beach house and they were all tired after watching a boring, terrible play.

"Let's agree to never watch another horrible play again". Sen said.

"Agreed". Everyone replied.