Chapter Fifty Five

Sokka stared at the Jasmine Dragon as he drank his morning tea, there were large cracks around and a few places were damaged. The Gaang came to Ba Singe Se two months ago to help with the damages, it was no easy task since everyone wanted their help even for small trivial issues.

"You know, I never thought the Jasmine Dragon could take this much damage". Sokka said as he stared at the sun rise with cup in hand.

"Its an earthquake, Sokka". Toph said as she cracked her knuckles,"They shake things until they fall apart. Now stand back".

Sokka listened to what she said and moved away, Toph got into a stance before tapping her foot on the floor to sense where the cracks were located. She thrust her arms forward before pulling them back slowly, the cracks started to close up and reverted back to the way it looked before it got damaged. The young earthbender did more movements before closing more cracks along the walls of the Jasmine Dragon.

"Nice work, Toph". Sokka said as he watched her finish.

"Thanks". She smirked before grabbing his cup and downing the tea in a minute,"Thanks for the tea too".

"Oh, man!". Sokka whined when he saw the cup empty.

The two walked back inside and watched Iroh serve the rest of the group breakfast, Suki and Mai were talking about normal girl stuff. Zuko and Azula were laughing and shoving each other, which was a bit weird to see since how they were toward each other in the past. Ty Lee quietly enjoyed the tea that Iroh served her and she smiled at him.

"Jasmine Dragon's fixed, Iroh". Toph announced as she and Sokka took their place at the table.

"I appreciate it, Toph. Thank you". Iroh smiled at her before placing rice cakes on the table for them.

"Is everyone clear on what to do?". Sokka asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Once Aang comes downstairs we yell 'Happy Birthday', we haven't forgotten, Sokka". Toph smirked.

"Just saying". He replied holding up his hands in surrender.

"Shh! I hear them coming down". Iroh whispered to them before quickly grabbing the cake that he made aspecially for Aang.

Everyone quickly composed themselves at the table before facing the stairs where the Avatar would be coming down. They didn't have to wait long as the young Avatar came trudging down the stairs with the young waterbending master behind him, once he looked up he was surprised by what he saw.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AANG!!!!". Everyone yelled in unison.

"Wha- How? That's today?!". He slapped his forehead in complete shock.

"Happy birthday, sweetie". Katara whispered in his ear from behind him,"You know we would never forget this special occasion".

"Katara, I- Wow! I don't know what to say guys". Aang said as he was red in the face.

"Why not blow out the candles and make a wish instead?". Azula suggested with a smile while gesturing at Iroh.

Aang glanced at Iroh and saw him holding a cake with lit candles on top, the young airbender walked over and gushed.

"Is that what I think it is?". He asked gleefully.

"Yes. Your favorite: custard tart". Iroh smiled,"Make a wish, young Avatar".

Aang stared back at his friends with a smile on his face before looking down at the candles.

"I think they all came true. But just for fun....." He then blew out the candles and everyone cheered for him, Katara came over and kissed his cheek.