Chapter Twenty Seven

Zuko looked out through the carriage window as the Beifong estate came into view, he turned to see Mai inspecting her nails as usual, Azula sat with her arms crossed and just scowled and Sen was looking out the carriage window. They all decided to give the fire princess a disguise so that no one recognized her, not that the Beifong have seen her before but there were bound to be some important guests that would recognize her.

"Alright, we're here". Zuko said.

Sen looked up,"Are you sure?".

Zuko glared at him. Sen had been acting strange since they left the Fire Nation, it was either seeing Toph again or going through with the wedding.

"Stop being so nervous!". Mai scolded.

"Hey, who's the adult here". Sen said, referring to the fact that he was older than everyone.

"Then act like one". Azula responded.

Sen opened and closed his mouth multiple times. He could not think of a good comeback at that moment, Mai and Zuko laughed at that.

"Thanks, Azula". Mai said.

Azula only looked at her and Mai noticed it, there were some wounds that needed healing. Mai looked away from her at that moment. The carriage driver opened the door to the carriage and quickly bowed when Zuko stepped out, he held Mai's hand and helped her down. Sen was about to help Azula down as well but she refused his gesture and walked past him.

"I don't need your help". She said.

"You try to be friendly". Sen said to himself.

Zuko faced Azula and slowly handed her the robe that would serve as her disguise, Azula only looked at him with disgust.

"Zuzu, I'll already look different once I wear the bridesmaid dress and the make up". She said,"There is no need for this".

"I'm not taking any chances". Zuko said with hard eyes.

While Zuko was busy with her, Mai took the time to do her hair. She decided to go with a high ponytail since not everyone is recognizable in that style, she also made sure that enough hair covered her face so that no one noticed any familiar features. Zuko handed her the robe and the princess took it with a sigh and she wore it without any protest.

What was the point anyway?

Once they came to the gates, the guards recognized them and they were let in. As they made their way toward the house, they saw Lao and Toph taking a walk. Lao noticed the royal family before steering in their direction, he gave a small smile as he came to a stop in front of them.

"Ah, Firelord Zuko". Lao said with a bow,"Such an honor".

"Mr Beifong". Zuko greeted with a bow.

Toph came to a stop as well but then her eyes widened when she noticed the new person in the group, her heartbeat was very familiar and the way she stood was also familiar.

Azula?

"Who is this?". Lao asked referring to Azula.

"Oh, this is Hinatra". Zuko said,"A distant relative of mine. And she will be one of the bridesmaids".

"What?". Toph spoke up.

"You don't mind, do you?". Zuko asked, sending her signals to play along.

Toph obviously saw it.

"No, I don't mind-".

"Pleasant. The more, the merrier". Lap interrupted.

Then he left his daughter and the group.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?". Toph exclaimed,"Why is she here?".

"It's a long story". Zuko said.

"Yeah, one that comes with a warning". Sen said,"Don't throw water at Azula".

Azula glared at him for that.

"My mental health is fine, thank you very much".

"Sure". Toph said,"Sugarqueen is not gonna be happy about this".

"Oh, she isn't". Sen said,"She already knows".

"Great". Toph then looked at Azula,"You two better not fight while you're here".

"Only if she strikes first". Azula smirked.

"while we're on that note: no firebending". Zuko said.

"You're no fun". Azula grumbled.

"The wedding is in two days". Sen said putting an arm around Azula,"You can survive not using you element for that long".

"Get your arm off". She hissed.

He quickly removed it and stood back. He was hoping to have that same bond back, like the time she was little but he was starting to lose hope on that.

               ...........................................

Aang, Katara, Suki and Sokka arrived that night, they didn't exactly have much to say after coming. They said a few hellos but then they drifted to their rooms and to get some sleep.

"Can't believe the fire princess is back into the world". Toph said as she walked on the railing off the small bridge in her garden.

"Yeah, I got her out of that institution once I found out they were messing with her head". Sen said, walking alongside her.

"Yikes". Toph said jumping to the ground at that moment.

She walked a few feet a head of him and Sen watched her closely, how her long hair cascaded down her back gracefully and how the outfit she wore hugged her figure perfectly. Now, Sen was no pervert but he liked what he saw, Toph was very beautiful even when she was twelve but now she was even surpassing that beauty beyond new levels.

He walked up to her and held her arm.

"I missed you, you know". He said, slowly wrapping his arms around her.

"Oh, stop with that". She said getting out of his embrace.

"Why should I? We're getting married anyway". He told her.

"We agreed that I don't wanna lose my independence". Toph said glaring at him.

"Toph, showing affection does not mean you're showing weakness nor does it mean that you're losing your independence. You will always be Toph, no matter in what situation you're placed in". Sen said,"I will never do anything like that to you".

She was looking at the ground now and strands covered her face which Sen found very hot. But he quickly put those thoughts away.

"Fine". She said finally,"But do not overdue it, I'm warning you!".

Sen smiled.

"You won't regret this". He said.

He raised her chin with his finger and looked into those beautiful milky green orbs of hers, he brushed a few strands out of her face and landed a small kiss on her full lips.

"Really?". Toph said a little surprised,"Where is the same fire you gave me back at the engagement ceremony?".

"Sorry, don't want you to lose your independence. So that's all your getting out of me". He said.

She looked disappointed,"Very funny".

"Come on, let's head back". He said taking her by the hand.

She smiled and followed him toward the house.