Chapter Thirty Nine

A few weeks passed and the day of the celebration had arrived, there was bustling everywhere as everyone prepared. Katara and the girls were luckily finished with the preparations and that was a huge burden off their backs, everything was working out very well so far and the Lord of the Fire Nation was glad to count on his friends. Aang was feeling better when he saw Bumi standing on his feet again, he profusely thanked Ursa but she told him not to be so thankful because she only did her job to help.

While everyone was busy getting ready for the celebration, Sen was sitting in the dining room drinking his tea. He could still feel the aches from his injuries but they were slowly fading and his mood also started to change, he also needed to tie up some loose ends.

That's when he noticed a certain blind earthbender entering the loungeroom but she stopped when she felt him sitting a few feet away, that's when he saw how she turned to leave.

"Hey, Toph. Wait!". He said getting to his feet.

He watched her stopping and starting to turn around.

"What do you want?". She asked.

"I just want to talk". He said a little nervous.

"Oh, you want to talk? That's surprising because we haven't been doing that these past few days". Toph said,"Oh, I know because you've been a jerk this whole time!".

Sen sagged at this,"I know what I've been these past few days and I'm so sorry. I've been in a bad place for awhile".

That's when she punched him hard in the shoulder and it made him stagger back slightly, but he let her do it because he deserved it.

"Who hasn't been in a bad place?! Do you have any idea what you put me through?! I had to constantly worry about you and I don't do worrying. I hate the emotions that you make me feel and I hate you, so just stay away".

He got down on one knee and looked up at her, she was surprised by this and looked down even though she couldn't see him. He took her hands and kissed them tenderly, she just looked at him.

"I just want you to stop this". Toph said,"I need us to be perfect. We're a married couple after all".

He smiled and slowly got to his feet and looked down at her.

"Toph?".

"What?".

"Will you be my date at the celebration party?". He asked caressing her cheek.

Then he felt a punch in his abdomen and he recoiled to hold it.

"Idiot! It took you this long to ask me?". Toph demanded,"You are becoming soft. But I like you anyway".

Sen smiled and landed a kiss on her full lips and she smiled into it before returning it with her own spark of passion, she missed his lips and his touch and she couldn't help but sigh as his arms wrapped around her. She leaned further into him and ran her fingers through his hair before pulling away, she smiled at him.

"I love your hair". She said.

"I love your milky green eyes". He said.

"I love you". She said without thinking.

Sen immediately tensed at that and his wife felt his distress and her eyes widened in shock, she couldn't believe that she just said those three special words.

"I'm sorry, Sen". Toph said,"Those words.......they kind of......you know........slipped".

He placed a finger to her lips before removing it to kiss them tenderly, she closed her eyes as she felt herself drowning in his passion. She opened her eyes as she felt him pull away after a moment.