Chapter Forty Nine

After a grand tour, they all arrived at the Chief's homestead. Hakoda and Bato let their guests enter first as per tradition and then followed soon, this was also a way of showing trust and respect toward each other. Once the Gaang entered, they realized just how warm it was on the inside and they all smiled at that.

"Cozy". Sen smiled.

"Doesn't seem much has changed". Sokka spoke up.

"No, it hasn't". A voice said as an elderly woman stepped out from the other room.

Sokka and Katara burst out into excitement and ran to hug her.

"Gran-Gran!". Sokka exclaimed.

"It's so good to see you". Katara sobbed.

"It's good to see you too, children". Kanna smiled as she hugged them back.

Hakoda then cleared his face.

"Mother, we have guests".

"Gran-Gran, you remember our friends, right?". Katara said with a smile gesturing to everyone.

Kanna nodded as she acknowledged everyone.

"Well, look who it is".

Everyone looked toward Sen as Kanna said those words. The white haired airbender gulped in apprehension as he made eye contact with the old woman's sharp eyes.

"You know him?". Zuko asked.

"I'm well aware of the Liaison. They say he had white hair and was young looking". Kanna said still staring at Sen,"Plus, the Southern Raiders attacked the South Pole by his order".

Everyone looked down. They were all aware of what had happened on that fateful day, Katara subtlety touched her mother's necklace on instinct.

"Gran-Gran, Sen wasn't respon-"

"Of course, I didn't believe those rumors". Kanna continued before shooting Katara a look,"I doubt an airbender would be capable of such an action and betrayal".

"You'd be surprised". Sen muttered underneath his breath as he remembered Master Pasang's betrayal toward the Air nomads.

"It would be an honor to be in your presence". Kanna said with a flirty look,"It's been awhile since I've spoken to someone older than me".

"Gran!". Sokka looked horrified.

The others were equally shocked by this.

Then Kanna gave out a small chuckle.

"You're all easy to trick sometimes".

"For a second, I thought she was serious". Mai whispered to Zuko.

"So did I". Zuko said as he tried to relax himself.

              ..............................................

"With Kuei's arrival the celebrations can begin and then we will move to the main event". Hakoda said as they all ate dinner that night.

"It's been awhile since I've been to a Glacier's Festival". Sokka said as he stretched a bit.

"Me too". Katara smiled gleefully,"I can't wait to see what you planned this year".

"Oh, let's just say you will enjoy it with your Avatar very much". Kanna teased.

Aang and Katara looked at each other and blushed furiously.

"Four years together and you're still blushing about each other, I'm surprised". Sen decided to throw in a tease as well.