Chapter Thirty Five

As the group sat around a campfire that night, they have been waiting for two days for Aang's return but the young Avatar hadn't come back. While they were finishing the last of their meal, they noticed the pool in front of them starting to glow brightly. They got into defensive stances and made sure whatever it was didn't get close to Aang's body, Katara immediately noticed the tattoos on Aang's body returning back to normal and she smiled when he slowly opened his eyes.

"You're back!". The waterbender smiled.

"And I brought someone with me". Aang said, looking toward the pool.

They all looked up to see The Mother of Faces ascending out of the water, despite her spiritual features they could still see her regal and perfect grace.

"If Sokka were here I bet he would have said something about her looking creepy or something". Suki said.

They all smiled at that. They were all beginning to miss the goofy Water Tribe warrior.

"I am told by the Avatar that one of you is looking for someone that has been lost for a long time". She said.

Zuko cautiously stepped after getting assurance from Aang.

"I am or my sister and I are". Zuko said,"We are looking for our mother, Ursa who was and is still the princess of the Fire Nation".

"And do not try to hold back". Azula said,"We know you have the answers".

The Mother of Faces merely stared at them before reaching out toward them and held up a ball of energy which showed the image of their lost mother.

"I know Ursa of the Fire Nation". The spirit said to them,"She came to me a few years ago to change her face but I didn't understand why she wanted to change her beautiful face for a plain one".

"Where is she?". Zuko asked in a cracking voice as a tear streamed down his face.

"I do not know where she went but she left with a man and she gave herself the name Noriko". The spirit said.

Everyone's eyes widened at that exact moment.

Azula turned to look toward the forest with a focused expression on her face and Zuko noticed it.

"Azula, I know what you're thinking". He spoke up,"Don't do it. Please".

Azula looked at him for a moment, trying to mull things over but it was a losing battle and her old self prevailed during the mental battle. She fired a blinding beam of azure flames at the ground and took off running into the forest.

When everyone recovered from the blind attack they all looked toward the forest.

"What the heck was that?!". Toph exclaimed.

"Where is she going?". Suki asked.

"She's going after Noriko". Aang said, after figuring it out.

"I need to stop her". Zuko said before taking off into the forest as well.

"We'll catch up". Katara called after him.

Aang then turned his attention back to the large spirit.

"Will you be able to return her old face?".

The Mother of Faces made a movement with her head that resembled that of a nod, the young airbender smiled at that.

                  ........................................

Sen bumped into a tree as he stumbled, he had been running for hours on end and he stopped to catch his breath. His blood soaked clothing were leaving bloody trails for the archers and it made it easier for them to track him and gave him less time to rest. He was able to pull out the two arrows that were still in his back and he found the time to soak himself in a river to wash the blood off but the wounds still kept bleeding, it made running more difficult.