Chapter Seventy Two

The first thing Sen remembered was being wet and even more wet, sound was muffled and he could hear nothing. He opened his eyes and saw that he was underwater, he used his airbending and quickly propelled himself to the surface. Once he broke the surface, he took in a deep breath of air and started to cough.

He looked around the ocean waters and noticed that he was back in the Fire Nation, he frowned at this.

"The Fire Nation?" he said in confusion. "But how did I get here? I was in the South Pole."

He looked around and saw ships sailing around, he decided to swim to shore and find out how everything at the palace was.

               ......................................

Ursa watched her daughter play around in the garden, her and Ikem watched her with smiles on their faces. Then she noticed a figure approaching them from an entrance that few knew about, she looked at the figure and her eyes widened when she saw it was Sen. He was completely drenched and wiped his face from bits of water getting into his eyes

"Is that....." Ikem started.

"Sen!" Ursa called out, happy to see him.

Then Kiyi noticed her mother's yell. She saw Sen and then screamed before tinning toward him excitedly, Sen met her by picking her up and hugging her to which she tightened her embrace.

"Where have you been?" Kiyi asked excitedly.

"Just around." Sen smiled as he held her.

"It's good to see you, Sen." Ursa said as she walked up with Ikem.

"Its good to see you too, Ursa. Both of you." Sen smiled.

"Where is everyone else?" Ikem asked looking around for everyone else.

"They're still in the South Pole. Honestly, I don't even know how I got here." Sen said. "One minute I'm in the Spirit World and now here, plus getting thrown off a cliff didn't help things."

"Thrown off a cliff?" Ursa asked with wide eyes.

"Long story." the airbender merely said.

"Then maybe you can tell us more over some tea." Ikem suggested.

Sen nodded. They made their way into the palace.

                 ......................................

After an hour of explaining shat happened, Ursa told a guard to write a letter and send it to the Southern Water Tribe to let the others know that Sen was alright and for them to come back.

"How was Azula on the whole mission?" Ty Lee asked nervously.

Sen smiled at this. He knew how much the two loved each other and separation was torture and hr could see in the chi blocker's eyes.

"She was pretty great. I'm starting to think that she's getting better with time."

"That's good to hear." Ikem said with a smile.

"Yes, it is. My daughter is growing past her pain and I'm so proud of her."

"Uncle Sen, why does Zuko have a dragon egg in his room?" Kiyi asked.

Sen looked up at this.

"He keeps it in his room now?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Ursa said with a small smile before ruffling Kiyi's hair. "And I've been trying to keep this one out of trouble from it."

"Yeah. Who knows when its gonna hatch." Sen said with a shrug.

Then they noticed Mai approaching the room they were all in, she looked completely exhausted but still breathtaking. Being the Firelady was hard work in Zuko's absence, Ursa was able to help her navigate some issues that needed attention but the rest was a bit fickle.

"Hi Mai." Sen greeted. "Or should I say Firelord Mai?"

Mai gave a small smile at this before sitting down.

"Hi Sen. It's good to have you back." she said in her tired voice. "When is my idiot of a husband coming back?"

"Soon." Sen said with a smile. "And don't worry, I'll help you around with the whole Firelord thing now that I'm here."

Mai looked relieved for the first time since walking in.

"Thank you. You're a lifesaver." she said with a little smile.

"So Mai, did you visit the physician today?" Ursa asked before taking a sip from her tea.

"Physician?" Sen asked.

"Mai has been feeling sick these past few weeks and no cause has been found yet." Ikem explained.

"Really?" Sen said getting curious as he studied Mai's face closely.

"Yes, she has been vonting up all her food and can't stand the smell of it." Ursa said before giving  Sen a knowing look.

Sen smiled at this.

"So, what did the physician say?". Ikem asked her.

"Um..." Mai said, looking at the people in front of her.

"What's wrong?" Ikem asked, concern lacing his voice.

"I'm.........pregnant." Mai said quietly.

"And there it is." Sen said with a smile before drinking from his cup.

"Took that physician long enough." Ursa said with a smirk as she and Sen laughed.

"Wait! You knew?" Mai asked, a little bewildered.

"I had three children, you know." Ursa said with a small smile. "I can easily recognize the signs in a woman."

"But what about Sen? How did he figure it out?" Mai asked.

"Well, I've been around Hirohitaba and Ilah long enough to know women like signs. Especially during pregnancy." Sen said with a smirk. "Plus, I took care of Ursa when she was pregnant with both Zuko and Azula."

Ursa then got uncomfortable at that.

"Let's not talk about my experiences, Sen. You remember what happened in the past ,right?" she reminded.

Sen then got wide eyed when he remembered one incident from one of Ursa's pregnancies, he looked at her and nodded slowly.

Mai, ignoring their secret conversation, wanted to address another issue.

"How do I tell Zuko about this?"

"You just tell him. Duh" Ty Lee said with a eye roll.

Mai glared at her friend for that.

"I'll pin you to that wall, Ty Lee." the Firelady warned.

Ty Lee shrugged at this and sat back.

"I'm sure Zuko would be happy to know that he is going to be a father, so I don't think you have much to worry about." Ursa explained.

"I'm going to have a cousin. Yay!" Kiyi celebrated.

They all looked at Kiyi with smiles on their faces.

"More like a niece or a nephew." Sen said.

"Mommy, what's a niece or a nephew?" Kiyi asked, having heard what Sen said.

They all laughed at that.

"It just means you're going to be an aunt, sweetie." Ursa said .

Kiyi looked surprised and happy at the realization if becoming an aunt, she cheered at this.