Chapter Sixty Five

Suki was knocked back by a tendril from a spirit who sped toward her, she rolled back before kicking it in the face. The spirit recoiled before staring at her with a growl and then it went in for a attack but a blast of wind knocked it back, Suki looked to her side and saw Sen blasting back another spirit. Aang was in another corner and being crowded by spirits.

"Guys, I can't keep this up forever". Suki breathed heavily.

"Yes, I know". Sen said as he gripped his head in pain.

Suki looked around and saw that Aang was also gabbing his head in pain.

"Are you guys okay?". She asked.

"Its the spirits. Their prolonged presence here is doing something to us". Sen groaned.

Aang bended up a slab of rock and launched it at a spirit that charged toward him, the spirit was knocked back. Another spirit appeared and attacked but Sen blasted a beam of air at it but it absorbed the blast and redirected it right back at them, the three friends were knocked back into the town.

"Close the city doors!!!". Sen yelled as he saw the spirits charge toward them.

Groups of Men appeared and worked tofether to close the heavy city doors, they closed just in the nick of time just as a claw of a spirit came through. The rain was still pouring hard and thunder and lightning were still prominent, the residents were all in a fearful state.

"Aang, we can't hold them off forever". Sen said before gripping his head in agony,"You need to go into the Avatar State and end this".

Aang growled in agony as his head pounded.

"I can't, Sen. I promised Katara that I won't enter it unless it's an emergency".

"This is an emergency!!". Suki yelled.

She started to remove her Kyoshi uniform piece by piece.

"What are you doing?". Sen asked.

"The rain is making it hard to fight in this uniform". Suki explained,"The water is making it heavy, I need to be quick on my feet if I'm gonna fight these spirits".

"Aang...."

"Sen. I can't!". Aang exclaimed,"No matter how much my head hurts, I can't be tempted to enter the Avatar State to make it go away. Plus, if go into the state you're gonna feel the pain too".

Sen was about to respond but then the city gates burst open and crowds of spirits rolled in and snarled at them.

"Everyone!! Go further back into town!!". Aang yelled.

The townspeople all turned to head further inland.

Aang was about to attack but then collapsed to one knee and groaned in agony, Suki ran to his side and slowly helped him up. Sen ran forward and blasted out a large wave of air to buy them some time.

"Are you okay? Come on". Suki said,"I need you on this".

"It hurts, Suki". Aang explained,"The presence of the spirits is overwhelming, the agony is too much".

"I know. But we're the only ones here, Aang. I'd give you a break but we need you now more than ever". Suki explained.

Aang clenched his fists and slowly straightened himself. He held back his pain and ran up before unleashing a blast of fire where it hit a spirit who absorbed the blast and became fiery.

The fiery spirit whipped out long flaming tentacles and lashed at them, Suki held up her shield and blocked the attack and gave Sen the opening to blast the spirit with a poweful jet of wind. The spirit staggered and quickly absorbed the air around it and became wind like, it roared at them and blew out a poweful beam of wing in their direction. Suki and Sen were knocked back but Aang conjured up a earth wall but the wall suffered some severe damage along the way.