Chapter Seventy Three

Kiyi and Sen were sitting by the entrance of the palace and were looking up at the sky, the girl looked around edcutedly.

"Remember, whoever sees Appa first is the winner." Sen said in a gently voice with a smile.

"I'll win!" Kiyi exvlaimed in glee.

"We'll see." Sen said with a smirk.

Truth be told, Sen missed his wife a lot. It was strange not to be around her and it was so quiet, though it did give him insight on what he wanted from this relationship. He wanted to be with her forever, he loved her and would until his dying breath.

"I see Appa!" Kiyi suddenly yelled pointing up.

Sen snapped out of his trance and suddenly looked up, he saw Appa fly above the palace before it did a circle in the sky. It groaned before it came down for a landing.

"Well, looks like you won." Sen said ruffling her hair.

"Yay! Give me my present." she said jumping up and down.

"You already have it. Its in your room." Sen said with a sly look.

Kiyi gasped in excitement and started to head inside the palace, but Sen quickly stopped her.

"Not so fast, Kiyi." he chuckled before nodding at Appa. "Go say hi to everyone first."

Kiyi nodded and ran toward the group that was approaching, they all looked exhausted and they all looked angry when they made eye contact with him.

"Aunt Katara!" Kiyi yelled running straight into Katara.

Katara gasped from the impact but quickly picked her up, ignoring the pain.

"Hi Kiyi." she smiled at the girl.

Then everyone started to go into the palace, they all stared at Sen as they approached.

"You're the worst, Sen." Aang said going in first.

"Thanks for leaving us behind." Suki said as she followed.

Azula shook her head at him as she walked past. Everyone just looked at him and Sen chuckled at that, he knew they were all in a bad mood. Toph was the last one to approach, she had an unreadable face.

"Hi Toph." he said with a smile.

Without warning, she punched him in the gut and he gripped it quickly with a groan.

"That's for leaving me behind." she said.

"Okay, that's fair." he groaned in pain.

He slowly followed her in. She walked calmly and at a slow pace, everyone else were already inside and getting comfortable. Toph merely took her time as she walked, it was like she was stalling.

"Are you going to catch up or not?" she asked.

Sen then realized her reason for the slow walk and started to fall into step next to her, she took his hand and started to walk with him which surprised him a bit.

"So, how was the South Pole?" he asked.

"Bad. It also didn't help that Twinkletoes was being paranoid about your absence." she said with a tired sigh.

"You tired?" he asked.

"A little." she said with a small smile before stopping. "Carry me."

"What?" he asked.

"Carry me." she said giving him an expectant look.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I'm tired and I'm your wife." she said smirking at him with a raised eyebrow.