Chapter Forty Six

Weeks on the sea, yet it seemed like they were sailing in place and not really going anywhere. Everyone was getting cranky from the constant sailing and they all decided to make a stop at Kyoshi Island, Suki's home. That was a week ago, they were still enjoying the comfort of being on solid ground again. The people of Kyoshi Island were still apprehensive of having Zuko in their midst, considering what he did to their village years ago. While they were mostly forgiving, it still didn't stop them from still fearing him, Zuko hated to be feared by them because it made him feel like he was just like his father.

That day, everyone were watching Aang and Sen sparring. There wasn't really anything else to do so they decided to watch the two airbenders train.

Sen was dressed in his Fire Nation combat training outfit while Aang changed into the mix of his Fire Nation and Air nomad outfit.

"Oh, this is gonna be good". Sokka said rubbing his hands gleefully together.

Katara smiled at that.

"What's it going to be, Aang? Avatar State or all the four elements?". Sen asked as he started to stretch.

"How about we stick to our natural elements?". Aang suggested.

"Nah, I aced your butt multiple times back at the Southern Air Temple, a hundred years ago in airbending". Sen smirked.

"Oh, come on! I won some of those spar matches". Aang retorted.

The others turned to Toph to confirm if Sen was telling the truth.

"It's true". Toph sighed.

"I mastered all 36 tiers of airbending while you only mastered 35". Sen smirked even broader.

"I'm sorry, who has the tattoos?". Aang shot back.

"Ooooooooh!!!". The others said in unison.

"That was a low blow". Sen said.

"Sorry about that".

Sen smiled.

"Nah, it's all good".

"Fighting you in the Avatar State would be unfair". Aang pointed out.

"Just stick to the four elements". Sen smirked,"I haven't exactly dealt with water and earth like I dealt with fire".

"He dealt with fire before?". Sokka asked confused.

"The Royal Family? The hundred year war? The Airbender Genocide? Do these things mean anything to you, Sokka?". Katara glared at her brother.

Suki just rolled her eyes as she fanned herself with one of her fans.

"Oh, right". Sokka smiled sheepishly.

"Five gold pieces say this goes to Sen". Zuko spoke up.

"No way, Aang is the Avatar". Sokka said taking a dramatic pose,"The Avatar knows every style, so I say 10 gold pieces on the Avatar!".

"I'd put 15 gold pieces on Sen". Mai said with a small smile.

"Alright, Mai". Sokka exclaimed,"35 gold pieces say Aang wins this fight".

"Ha!". Toph exclaimed.

"What?". Suki asked.

"Nothing".

They all stared at the benders and saw them getting into their stances.

"Don't hold back".

Aang smiled,"After facing Ozai, I'm pretty sure I know how to control my emotions when it comes to showing concern for someone during a fight".