Chapter Fifty Eight

Everyone was helping around the tea shop that day, Jin who came to visit also helped out. Katara who was sweeping the floor noticed how Sen was sitting alone by a table, by the looks of it he was drawing something on a piece of parchment. She slowly approached him and took a seat on his right, the young white haired airbender looked up and raised an eyebrow at her.

"So, Sen? Any relationship advice for the soon to be newly weds?". Katara asked as she gave him a warm smile.

"If you need advice on a loving marriage, go ask Zuko and Mai". Sen sighed as he kept drawing,"Those two have been married for two years".

"Yeah, but you're older than us and you were around married people most of the time". Katara said,"Plus, Aang says you had a few Air nomad girlfriends in the Eastern Air Temple".

"He told you about that?". Sen asked a little surprised.

Katara nodded.

"Fine". Sen sighed, giving up,"Here's my advice. If you know that you and Aang love each other then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, don't overdo things".

Katara smiled and nodded. Then she looked around and noticed someone was missing from the group.

"Where's Toph?".

"Probably with the lavabender". Sen said a little bitterly,"She mentioned something about having a bending battle with him in a forest outside Ba Sing Se".

"Those two seem to be spending a lot of time together". Katara responded,"You're not jealous?".

"Of course, I am". Sen replied with a neutral look,"But she's free to do whatever she wants. After all, that was the agreement we had when you guys got us married".

"But Sen, don't you guys love each other? I thought you did". Katara asked a little hurt by the situation.

"I love Toph with every ounce of my being". Sen replied,"She's just having a hard time saying the three words back. Well, she did it say it once but that was an accident and she didn't know what she was saying".

"Do you want me to talk to her?". Katara asked,"I could find out why she's hesitating".

"No. As an Air nomad, it is in my nature to wait and be patient". Sen said,"I can't force her into something she doesn't want, I'll just have to wait and see where she wants to take our relationship".

"I'll be back later". Katara said before getting up to help the others.

Sen didn't move. He simply sat in his seat and continued to draw what was on the parchment, he then put his brush down and looked outside. He sighed and merely groaned in fatique.

             ................................................

Outside Ba Sing Se in a forest, two familiar figures were having an earthbending battle. Toph had fought a lot of tough opponents but this was something else, she had never gone up against lavabending before and she was intrigued.

She dodged a wall of earth that slided her way before maneuvering herself and sending a tremor Sun's way, the young lavabender saw it coming before he jumped into the air and conjured up a jet of lava before launching it toward Toph. The blind earthbender called up a wall of earth to protect herself and was narrowly burned by the searing hot liquid fire.

"Sorry about that. Kinda got excited". Sun apologized for the wild shot.

"Are you kidding me?! This is awesome!". Toph exclaimed happily,"I haven't had a good fight since the end of the war, which was four years ago. You could say I'm itching to get back into the game".