Chapter Thirty One

Breakfast was a savoring moment for the group, it gave the Gaang to talk about old adventure stories that they all had. It also gave them time to reconnect with one another, it was a time that made them feel like a family once again.

"Once we go back to the Fire Nation, I'll make arrangements to begin my search for my mother". Zuko said.

"If you want, we could lend a hand". Aang said,"Besides, I have nowhere to be at the moment plus it gives me more time to spend with Katara".

Katara smiled before kissing his cheek.

Zuko smiled,"I'd appreciate the help".

"I know what I'll be doing". Toph said,"My academy isn't gonna run itself".

"We could really use your help, Toph". The young Firelord said.

"Come on, Sparky". Toph said,"You've been hunting Twinkletoes halfway across the world most of the time, finding your mom won't be a problem".

"If you're sure".

"Well, you guys good luck with the search". Sokka said,"I have to go back home and continue my chief training with my dad".

He was able to put off his responsibilities to becoming chief but he knew he couldn't avoid it forever and that time was now.

"Sorry, Sokka". Katara smiled at him reassuringly.

"Nah, you guys have fun".

Azula was staring intently at Sen as she quietly ate her breakfast, she knew that he knew the location of where her mother was but she knew that he wouldn't easily say anything.

"Azula?".

The fire princess subtly came out of her thoughts and looked toward Mai who was looking at her.

"Can I help you?".

"I was asking if you're joining Zuko on his search". Mai said the third time.

Azula smiled,"Of course, who would miss out on that chance".

"Sen, I could use your help on this". Zuko asked.

Sen who was eating his breakfast, looked up and smiled at Zuko.

"I would love-".

"A message for Master Sen!".

Sen stopped his reply and turned to face a servant coming into the dining room with a letter in his hand. Azula cursed the servant's timing underneath her breath but kept her cool nonetheless.

"A message for you, Master Sen". The servant said.

Sen thanked the servant before taking the letter and opening the envelope, he took out the letter that was inside and started to read its contents. He sighed before placing the letter on the table and started to rub his temples.

"Who is it from?". Suki asked.

"King Bumi". Sen said.

"Oh, you look a little stressed". Katara said,"What did he write in the letter?".

Sen didn't respond. Aang took the letter and started reading it, his eyes bulged in shock and he too put the letter down.

"What's wrong, Aang?". Zuko asked.

"King Bumi is dying". Aang said simply.

Everyone became shocked at this. Azula only looked up and watched everyone around her, she understood that the King Of Omashu was close to them in so many ways.

"No". Katara whispered.

"But why only send for Sen?". Mai asked, she was curious and she couldn't help it.