Chapter Twenty Two

As they got away from the engagement party that night, Toph led Sen through the garden that was behind their large house. She let go of his hand and continued walking ahead, Sen watched her as she came to a stop at the small bridge that was in the garden. Sen noticed a few guards patrolling the area but they didn't pay any mind to the young benders, Sen slowly approached the blind earthbender and stood next to her on the small bridge.

Sen felt his head itching and he pulled his small top knot out of his hair, his hair fell loose and some strands fell in his face.

"I really hate parties". Toph said after a moment.

"They're not for everyone". Sen said as he leaned on the bridge and looked up at the bright moon.

"I hope nobody noticed that we're gone". Toph said,"I don't really want to go back in there".

"They noticed". Sen said,"We were the main focus at the party, remember?".

"Ugh!". Toph groaned,"I can't wait to get out of this dress".

"It looks good on you, Toph". He said, looking at her.

"You compliment me too much, feathered feet". Toph smirked.

Sen snorted at that.

They stood quietly on the bridge and said nothing for a few moments, there was nothing to say because their presence alone was enough for each other. Toph started to feel the ring that was around her finger, she fingered it for a moment before facing the young airbender.

"Can't believe you made this just for me?".

"I had to". Sen said,"Giving you something that I made by myself was more rewarding than anything else".

"When do we get married again?". She asked.

"Two months from now". He replied,"Why?".

"So, I can find a way to get away from you during that time". She replied.

"Of course". He said looking away.

Toph noticed this and the change in his heartbeat patterns.

"Did I say something wrong?". She asked.

"I get the feeling that you don't want to be around me anymore". He said.

"That's not true. Of course I want to be around you". She said,"I feel comfortable around you".

"Then what's the problem?". He asked.

"The problem is the situation that we're in, okay". She said,"I'm way out of my territory here, I don't really know how to handle all this".

"If that's the case, then don't try to push me away". He said, as he moved a few strands out of his face.

Toph punched him in the arm to which he groaned slightly,"I'm not pushing you around, feathered feet. You and I have never been more closer".

"Yeah, right". He said rubbing his arm.

"Should we go back inside?". She asked.

"If you want to". Sen smiled at that.

Toph sighed,"Let's get this over with".

             ...................................

The next day after the previous night's ceremony party, Sen was having his breakfast while the rest were outside and getting ready to leave. The young airbender hadn't slept well the previous night due to the ongoing party, he was annoyed that the guests didn't just leave after he and Toph were engaged.