Chapter Fifty

After a few days have passed, the Gaang helped to prepare the festivities. They didn't have to do much, the locals of the tribe had already taken care of most of the arrangements, so they had few tasks to handle on their own. King Kuei and his court had also arrived and not a lot of excitement was passed around, the Earth King wasn't exactly the most popular among people and it was no surprise. The celebrations were going to start at night until the late hour, the Gaang was looking forward to how the festivities were carried out.

Katara and Sen were taking a quiet walk on the outskirts of the city, the rest of the Gaang were following them from a distance while talking and laughing. After a moment of walking, he noticed how she came to a stop at a small patch of earth that was slightly covered by the ice and he looked ahead of him and saw her approach a small mountain of rocks that sat in the middle. He looked at it carefully for a moment before he realized what it actually was.

"Is this your mother's burial ground?". He asked solemnly.

"Yes, she was buried here". Katara said as she hugged herself while looking at her mother's grave.

"It's beautiful". He said with a small smile.

"Thank you". She smiled a little.

He looked back at the rest of their friends and saw that they were still talking in the distance, he turned back and slowly approached the grounds and stood next to the young waterbender woman.

"I'm sure she's very proud of you, Katara". Sen said with sincereness in his voice,"You accomplished many amazing things in your life so far and it will only get even better. Your mother couldn't have asked for a better daughter such as great as you, you're very special".

Tears slowly streamed down her face and she quickly sniffed before wiping away her tears, then she slowly turned around and hugged the airbender with a smile on her face. Sen was surprised by her action but he slowly found himself hugging back, he knew she needed it more than anything else.

"Thank you, Sen". She sobbed.

"I'm here for you, Katara". He spoke to her softly,"We all are".

Then she nodded before breaking contact with him.

"We should probably head back". Katara said as she turned to leave.

He was about to follow her when he noticed someone in the distance, he squinted his to get a better look and he noticed that it was a woman dressed in Water Tribe garb and she had Katara's old hair loop style. What caught his attention was that she looked a lot like Katara and his eyes widened slightly, she smiled at him and did a small bow before disappearing.

"Sen, come on!".

The white haired airbender snapped out of his trance before he turned around and headed back for his friends.

Did I just see a ghost?

          ......................................................

Three hooded figures stood on a nearby hill and watched the water tribe city bustling around, the leader of the group who was slightly shorter than the other two hooded figures stepped forward and looked down further. She knew she came back home at the right moment to exact her revenge on all of them, but there were specific ones she first had to deal with.

"The Avatar and his friends will give us trouble". The second hooded figure said who turned out to be a man.

"I agree". Said the third figure who sounded like a woman.

"Not this time. The Avatar and his friends were once defenseless against my power". The leader said,"It was only the waterbender that bested me".

"Then she won't be a problem". The second figure said.