Chapter Eighteen

Zuko, along with Mai made their way to the Beifong Estate. The carriage that they were on wasn't that fancy but Zuko was okay with it, he had camped with everyone else during the war so he was used to it. Then the carriage came to a stop and Mai who was fiddling with her nails looked up, Zuko opened the small window and saw the carriage driver walk up to the door.

The driver opened the door with a smile.

"We have arrived, Firelord Zuko". The driver bowed.

"Thank you". Zuko smiled before climbing off the carriage.

He turned and took Mai's hand and carefully helped her off the carriage, she stepped up in front of him and looked at the estate.

"Not bad". She said in a bored voice.

"Show a little enthusiasm". Zuko said, walking up to her.

"We always do this. We go to a party we don't like, you meet people and talk about boring politics all day and I have to pretend I like seeing guests". She said.

"This isn't gonna be a party". Zuko said,"We're just here to see Toph, her parents and the others".

"It better not be". Mai said.

They then started walking up to the gate, where two guards stood on either side.

"State your business". One of the guards said.

"Firelord Zuko. Here to see Lao and Poppy Beifong". Zuko said.

"Firelord Zuko.....I.......we?!".

"All part of the job, boys. I understand, keep it up". Zuko said before he and Mai walked past them.

As they entered, they saw a eighteen year old woman in blue run up to them.

"Zuko! Mai!". The woman said.

"Is that....?".

"No way".

They watched as the familiar female got closer, then they both felt themselves get wrapped in a strong hug.

"It's so good to see you again!". Katara said,"It's been so long".

"It's good to see you too, Katara". Zuko choked.

"Can we breathe?". Mai put in.

"Oops, sorry". Katara said,"I didn't realize my own strength".

"Where's everyone?". Zuko asked.

"Everyone is inside". Katara said,"But Sen left with a servant earlier to go buy more food for the party that is in two days, he won't be back until later".

"Party, huh?". Mai said before glaring at Zuko.

Zuko cringed before avoiding her gaze.

"Come on, let's get inside".

           ...................................

Once Zuko and Mai entered with Katara, all their other friends immediately got up to greet them.

"Hey, Zuko!". Sokka said,"You look great, pal".

"You look good too, Sokka". Zuko smiled.

"Hi Zuko". A taller Aang walked up.

"Did you grow a few more inches, Aang?". Zuko smiled.

"Yeah, something like that". Aang rubbed the back of his head.

"Good to see you again, Sparky". A voice said from behind.

Zuko turned and immediately his lower jaw hung in shook at what he saw.