Chapter Thirty Seven

As the sun rose, the white haired airbender took the time to meditate on the balcony where he could easily feel the sun's rays on his skin. He thought about everything that took place these past few weeks, from his brutal attack to meeting his old friends. It was a wonderful experience for him and he was glad that it happened.

"Uncle Sen?".

He tensed a little at that. He knew that voice, the same voice used to call one's mother, the same voice that carries guilt and sorrow.

"The only reason you're calling me 'Uncle' is if you did something horribly wrong". Sen said without turning around.

"Yes, I did something wrong". Zuko said,"So many things wrong".

"Like what, young firelord?".

"Our talk last time, I hit you". Zuko said,"But I'm so sorry for what I did. Mother explained everything on why you kept her secret of where she was. I'm so sorry, Uncle".

Sen opened his eyes and stared at sun before inhaling deeply before releasing his breath, he brushed a few strands out of his face and just sat there.

"Uncle, I know you're still angry at me......".

"Zuko,there's nothing you have to apologize for. You were right to be angry about not being told where your mother was, every child has that right".

Zuko looked at the young man that raised him with utter surprise. He couldn't be that forgiving, could he?

"And now you're probably wondering why I'm so easily forgiving, right?".

Zuko's eyes widened,"I-".

"Don't even talk. I know exactly how your mind works". Sen said,"I know how your sister's mind works as well, that also includes your mother's and your father's. The Royal Family are very easy to read in body language and I picked this up after being around your great grandmother".

"I'm really sorry, Uncle Sen". Zuko said.

"I'm not mad at you, Zuko". Sen said,"I never was. I will always forgive you for your mistakes and I'll always be there for you and everyone else".

Then he turned and pulled the young firelord into a hug.

..............................................

As everyone was having breakfast, the atmosphere was peaceful and full of happiness and it was contagious. Azula and Kiyi were sitting together and the little girl took the time to throw fire flakes at the fire princess and she easily caught them in her mouth.

"That was amazing". Kiyi exclaimed.

"Well, I'm well known for my talents". Azula scoffed in a joking manner.

Sen quietly approached the table while still limping. His body still didn't fully recover fully from the attacks but his condition was improving.

"Look who decided to join us". Katara smiled at him.

Sen returned it but it was small.

"Ursa, could we talk for a moment?". He asked as he arrived at the table.

Everyone looked at the two before continuing to eat. Ursa was slightly confused by Sen's request but decided to fulfill it nonetheless.

"Yes, of course". Ursa smiled before getting to her feet,"Excuse us, everyone".

Then they walked out to the same balcony where Aang and Katara had their first kiss after the war ended. Ursa walked ahead of Sen while a small breeze blew her hair in the air, he smiled as he noticed how beautiful she still was despite the many years that passed.