Chapter Fifty Seven

The Gaang stood a few feet away from the door that led underground, they all shared glances because none was sure about the situation. Mai, Ty Lee and Azula decided to stay behind with Iroh to help out around the tea shop.

"You sure this is the place?". Aang asked.

"Yep". Sen replied,"Before we parted with Sun and Yosu, they showed us this door and said to come by if we got the time".

"I really gotta meet this lavabender guy". Toph said excitedly.

She was full of excitement after finding out that the guy that Sen and Sokka fought was a lava ender, she learned back home that there were myths about lavabenders in the past and people always said it wasn't true.

"I still find it hard to believe that he is a lavabender". Zuko said still skeptical.

"Why not? Aang was a lavabender multiple times over". Sen pointed out.

"What?". Aang inquired.

"You know, Avatar Kyoshi, Avatar Roku and Avatar Szeto, the firebender Avatar before Yangchen". Sen clarified.

"Oh, I see your point now". Aang smiled getting his explanation.

"Can we get this over with because there's a bowl of meat jerky waiting for me back at the Jasmine Dragon". Sokka said.

"Yeah, let's go". Suki said.

Sokka opened the door and they all walked in, Sen closed the door behind them and he followed his friend's as they made their way through a dimly lit hallway. They walked for awhile before seeing light at the end of the hallway, they came into the open and saw a large crowd watching an underground bending brawl.

"Whoa! Check it out!". Sen said looking down at the match below them.

"Not another one of these". Katara groaned.

"Ah, the memories". Toph smirked taking in the atmosphere.

"You like it, Zuko?". Sokka asked,"We actually saw a lot of these back in the day. We met Toph on our first one".

"The old Zuko says it's weirdly cool but the current me detests it". Zuko said.

"You changed a lot ever since becoming Firelord". Suki smiled at him.

Zuko merely shrugged.

Then they saw a guy approach them, draped in a grey cloak and hood. A sword was strapped to his back.

"Hey, Yuso". Sokka smiled.

"Yakone wants to see you". Yuso merely said before turning to walk away.

The group followed him without another word, they were led up a flight of steps before they came to a door. Yuso knocked on the door twice, then someone from the inside opened it. Yuso walked in and quickly gestured everyone to follow him, they walked in and saw Sun standing a few feet away with some other guys.

"You actually made it". Sun smiled slightly,"Didn't think you would".

"Who are you?". Zuko asked.

"I'm Sun". The lavabender smirked,"But you might know me as a lavabender".

"So, it was you that burned Sen, huh?". Toph smiled.

"No way!". Sun's eyes widened to which everyone was confused,"You're the Blind Bandit! The Blind Bandit! I'm a huge fan".

"Really?". Toph asked a little surprised.

"Yeah, totally!". Sun exclaimed before gripping her shoulders,"The boys and I followed your every match in Gaoling. Ever since you discovered metalbending , you inspired me to try unlocking lavabending and I eventually did. Thanks to you".