Chapter Seventeen

Okay, guys. I know I skipped most events that occurred throughout the Avatar series and I apologize if it pissed some of you off.

And one more thing. This chapter takes place four years later after the hundred year war, so our beloved characters are four years older. So be prepared to expect some Kataang, Sukka, Maiko and any other ships that sail in this story.

Here are the ages of our characters:

Katara-18
Aang-16
Zuko-20
Ty Lee-18
Mai-21
Sokka-19
Suki-19
Azula-18
Sen-18
Ozai-49
Iroh-64
Ursa-41
Toph-16

Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar, just my OC character, Sen.

Despite being Firelord for four years now, Zuko still felt that it was still too difficult to handle sometimes. When his forefathers were Firelord, Sen was there to alleviate some of the stress by taking care of some things as he was the Royal Liaison. But he didn't have Sen ,which was unfortunate for him. Luckily for him, he got the hang of it because of Iroh's support and continuous sage advice.

"I can't believe it's been four years already". Zuko said to himself as he stood on the balcony overlooking the palace grounds.

"What are you rambling about?". Came a voice.

He turned and saw his beautiful wife approach him with a small smile.

"Just thinking about something". He responded.

"Don't think too much, you always put on that obnoxious face when you can't figure anything out". Mai said.

Zuko smiled,"Ha, funny".

The two of them got married to each other two years ago, since that day she had officially become his Firelady.

"So, when are we leaving for Gaoling?". Mai asked.

"Well, Toph wanted the original group to have a reunion but I guess you cam along too".

Mai frowned,"I thought I became part of the group after I saved your butt back at Boiling Rock".

Zuko was silent at that.

"You still didn't answer my question". She said.

"Huh?".

"When do we leave?".

"In a few days". Zuko sighed.

Mai noticed his hesitance. He became this way when he was nervous.

"What is it with you?". Mai asked.

"Well, actually I'm kind of nervous". Zuko said,"It's been two years since we last saw each other. I wonder how we've all changed".

"I'm sure you will be fine". Mai reassured,"I'm sure everyone is just as nervous to see you too".

She kissed his cheek and smiled at him, Zuko looked down at her and smiled back at her.

The last time they were all together was two years ago but after that nobody ever came to the Fire Nation again, Aang still came to the Fire Nation occasionally but it was usually for the meetings and special events. Katara was busy with teaching new waterbenders back home, Sokka was busy with becoming the next Chief, Toph was busy with her metalbending school and Sen was nowhere to be found.

Though, Aang did tell Zuko that he spotted him last at the Eastern Air Temple, he was learning some things from Guru Pathik. Aang didn't really go into detail about what Sen was up to but Zuko only hoped that he was doing okay.